Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayfarer account has gone kaput after Ingress account closure

Hey folks,

Today my Ingress account was closed as per request. I've just tried to log in to my Wayfarer account however, and I am being asked to set up a new account and take the test questions again. I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the closure of my Ingress account. It was also linked to my Pokémon GO account so I'm not sure why it's gone.

I had quite a lot of review and submission history in my Wayfarer account, and I had unspent upgrades also. My Wayfarer account is pretty important, so I'm hoping someone can help me in getting back in to it. Is it safe to continue with the set up and test questions? I'm afraid to progress incase I make the situation worse. If it's not there can my submission and review history somehow be reinstated? I'd really prefer not to lose everything I've done.

I was unaware that my Wayfarer account may be solely tied to Ingress. I'd rather have just kept it around if it meant not losing all of the effort I've put in to Wayfarer over the last couple of years. If there's something else I can do that I'm unaware of, please advise.

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you close or delete a Niantic game account, it gets marked as banned. If you have a banned account, then you are prohibited from accessing Wayfarer and you cannot appeal.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunalety, if you make a request to delete a Niantic game associated with the same E-Mail you're using for other Niantic games (or get banned), your Wayfarer Profile will be reset. It's a dumb system and as far as I know, Niantic are working on fixing this, but are not able to reinstate your Wayfarer account. So your progress is likely to be lost. Sorry for that, but others have tried to get it back in the past and no one had success

• GiraffeCubed-PGOGiraffeCubed-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

So, my account is not marked as banned, I can log in to Niantic Wayfarer but all of my submission and review history and stats have indeed been wiped. This does seem like a strange system, but I can see it not being intended behaviour as Niantic support had this to say.

I wish I had known this would wipe my Wayfarer account before I submitted the initial request. I understand if all of my Ingress account data is gone already, but if it isn't intended to affect Wayfarer, perhaps there is a backup of stats and history somewhere.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin

Sorry to hear about the problem you've experienced, @GiraffeCubed-PGO I would request you to contact our dedicated team through the in-app support by sharing a screenshot of your Wayfarer medal for us to look into it.