Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Multiple reports that appeals are no longer FIFO

Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

For weeks the processing of appeals had been seemingly correct in processing as FIFO... however there have been multiple reports, from the last 2 rounds of appeals, that newer appeals have been pulled in "Niantic Review" while older appeals from several months back are yet to be picked up for "Niantic Review".

@NianticTintino-ING @NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard Can you please look into this... the appeals process is already so slow as it is, fresh appeals bypassing the queue and getting resolved before older appeals is very frustrating.

Tagged:
19 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Natarii-PGONatarii-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have also not had any of my oooold appeals go through but I have seen screenshots of the success of others who have submitted more recent appeals and have had them become wayspos after review. It’s getting to the point now where in my area other people have submitted the same spots as me and have had them go through successfully and now it just feels like I shouldn’t even bother trying the appeals feature.

• I understand where you guys are coming from. We are taking the necessary steps to reduce the time taken for appeal reviews by our team.

Having said that, I'll share your feedback with the team in prioritizing the appeal reviews as per the FIFO approach and to ensure it follows the same going forward.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Mine had all been taken in FIFO order since that was announced, including one yesterday, but this morning my most recent appeal had been taken into Niantic Review.

Edit: This appeal had been made May 30. I still have older ones pending.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, it's supposed to be FIFO now? I thought this was just a idea that was shared with the corresponding team. If so, I still have one appeal I submitted in December/January

• Cosk62-INGCosk62-ING Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

I am in the same boat as MultigrainLoaf, I did not abuse the 1-a-day appeals until the last day or two. None of my appeals went through yet, and it'd be disappointing if they were forgotten - I chose the most egregious rejections to appeal first.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

They were still working on around late December appeals before this bug showed up.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

@NianticTintino-ING any updates or do we need to tweet to get this taken care of? More and more reports of day old appeals getting resolved while January appeals still sit idle.

• TheQutestOfBorg-PGOTheQutestOfBorg-PGO Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

My most recent appeal submitted on June 23 was reviewed promptly and received a decision on June 30. However my older appeals - submitted in April and May - still have not been picked for Niantic voting. Just adding my experience to the evidence that the process still doesn't follow the FIFO method.

• MultigrainLoaf-INGMultigrainLoaf-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi @NianticGiffard, do you have any updates about this situation ? It has been one week since your reply to this post and folks are still seeing newly appealed nominations going through, and very little reports of old appeals moving at all.

• xScorpio12x-INGxScorpio12x-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

I can confirm:

Nomination appealed on 3rd July, 2022, 15:59

Appeal accepted on 5th July, 2022, 09:23

Still have two appeals yet to be reviewed that were sent sometime this year. I have no issue with how the system works, but it surely doesnt follow the "first in first out" system as suggested!

• Omega99C-INGOmega99C-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

I currently have 4 nominations appealed. One each from early April, May, June, and the most recent in July. The nomination I appealed a few days ago in early July went into Niantic voting the very next day while the others are still just sitting there. All my older appeals (from when they were available 1 per day) have been resolved.

• herger1981-PGOherger1981-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Yes ,same Situation by me.older appeals not in voting .New appeals are 2 days later in voting by niantic and accepted 2 days later.

hi, how is the situation. Do you know anything about the old appeals, whether they will be voted on at some point.

• HurryUpTehCakes-PGOHurryUpTehCakes-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

Just adding that I still have an appeal in from the very first week the appeal system was launched. It's never been touched.

Hi,still the same problem,old appeals not in voting by niantic.What the problem now?it is boring when the waiting is very long over many month and niantic cant keep up with the rating.maybe you should hire people for it or make sure that the rating is correct,then we woulddnt need to object.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just gonna bump this thread as a reminder that this issue is still very much a thing. The email when you submit appeals clearly states "Your appeal will be reviewed in the order it was received", but then my own appeal history clearly shows that this isn't the case, as I have appeals still unresolved from February and April, but an appeal I submitted on July 20th was reviewed and accepted on September 2nd.

@NianticAaron @NianticLC @NianticOtoStar @NianticTintino @NianticGiffard is there any update on why appeals are not being handled in the order that the email states they should be handled in? Are appeals from February, March and April mysteriously missing from the system?

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

FIFO appeared to be fixed through June 2022, but I just had an appeal taken into review and decided from October. I still have appeals from July and August before that and appeals from November, December, and January 2023 after that. So appeal order isn't either FIFO or LIFO.