New Pokémon Go player and a painful Wayfarer lesson

Joliviazard-PGOJoliviazard-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

I have been playing PGO for less than a year now. I can honestly say, I love the game, and it connects me to my childhood— as it does for some many of us. 

After reaching a level high enough, I unlocked a new feature to this new game, I can now nominate poke stops. How exciting!? That’s exactly what I thought, as I am sure most of us felt the exact same way. My excitement would quickly be sapped away by a game I have never played, nor do I remotely care about: Ingress. 

I want to say, that I am censoring my true thoughts and feelings about this issue, out of respect for this communities guidelines/rules. So when I discovered my Pokémon stop nomination went to different game, that I have never played, what a despicable and abysmal trick. 

The thoughts of being able to truly enrich the experience for members of the community I spent months playing with in Pokémon Go, removed. I understand it’s all Niantic and that it Niantic is successful, the game I enjoy will be successful. However, to have a piece of love and excitement I felt for Pokemon Go, to be placed into a game that I will never hold any love or excitement towards is hollow. 

I feel like I’ve donated one of my organs to keep some evil alive. I put my heart into Pokémon, and Niantic transplanted it to another game to keep it alive. 

I know I have not played or probably spent near the amount of money on any niantic game, as some of the people who have played from the beginning, but I know they have felt this sting too. Standing on the outside looking in, why doesn’t the wayspot just get shared between all game platforms? That sounds like a better idea than surgically grafting life from one game into another. 

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.