How do I get a photo replaced if I'm unlikely to be at that pokestop again?

Title of the Wayspot: Reciprical Skate Shop

City: New York City

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim: ???

Additional information:

One of my then-local pokestops has had a broken photo since 2018. Instead of a photo, the image for the pokestop was a question mark. The store referenced in the stop has been closed for five years. In 2019, a new mural appeared. I took a photo in February 2020 and didn't really know how to submit it properly. It was just rejected as a duplicate pokestop.

I no longer live near this pokestop, but I would still like to offer my photo to Niantic to replace the missing/broken image. Is there a way to do that without going back to the pokestop?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Based on the Ingress Intel Map, it appears that this is, in fact, the current primary photo for "Reciprocal Skate Shop." So it seems the reviewers complied with your request (by marking it as a duplicate of the skate shop).

Having said that, it was not a correct call by the reviewers. If the Skate Shop is no longer there, you should have requested that the wayspot be removed. The mural can be submitted as its own wayspot, but you can't simply edit one wayspot into a completely unrelated wayspot that happens to be in the same location.

Given the current state of the wayspot, hopefully a Niantic staff member will either remove the wayspot or update the title to reflect the current photo.

Edit for Niantic reviewer: Wayspot coordinates are 40.72916,-73.98365.

• Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. Based on our research, we’ve made necessary changes to the Wayspot.