Location edit >30m

Title of Wayspot: Fischaufstieg

City: Meinersen, Germany

This wayspot ('Fischaufstieg') was obviously created with some GPS drift. It's current location (see marker on the map) is some 30m to the left of it's real location, currently in the middle of a field.

The wayspot is part of a nature trail. The trail runs along the river which can be seen on the map. I have attached a few picture with the surrounding area

wrong location:  52.473748, 10.345937 (red marker)

correct location: 52.47390, 10.24631 (point of green arrow)

Tagged:

Comments

• Ladyfoil-PGOLadyfoil-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭

I would like to know what happens with posts like this, so i'm commenting to be able to follow the discussion.

Did you use the in-app possibility to report a wrong location? (Did this a few times, but i have not seen a deplacement yet)

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Pokémon Go, you can only submit location edits for wayspots that appear in the game, and you can only move them up to 10 metres. If you require a location edit of greater than 10 metres, you can either request it here in the forum, or using the support chat within Wayfarer itself (which can be found as a speech bubble icon in the corner of the help page on the Wayfarer website). You can also use these methods to request location edits of Wayspots that do not appear in your game of choice, so long as you can prove the current location is inaccurate.

If your location edit is less than 10 metres and you can see the wayspot in your game of choice, then you submit it in game and it gets voted on by other reviewers, which can take the same time an average wayspot submission takes in your area (without any upgrades). Once the edit has a decision, you get an email, and if it's not the decision you hoped for, then you can appeal it here on the forum and provide additional evidence.

• Thanks for the appeal, @rz231-ING! Based on the evidence provided, we’ve made necessary changes to the Wayspot's location.