Fake Nomination - Trans Canada Trail Indicator - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Posting for Niantic:

Apologies in advanced since I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing these, but this one has come up for review for me at least 4-6 times for various locations around the same area for the same sign that has been stolen and moved around to try to get a nomination through, likely next to the person's home.

Because I see it as a nomination I can't get anymore details than what's provided in the photos below, but I have also included the additional details showing that it's fake based on the real map and trails.

Nomination shows the Trans Canada Trail trail marker sign which looks legitimate until you actually look where the actual trail resides. I've seen the sign moved to 3 different locations all in the same neighbourhood as three separate nominations.

This is the real map of the Trans Canada Trail and I've indicated the location of the nomination with the red arrow and the actual trail is pointed out by the green arrow and the trail is the red line which is at least 3KM away to the "nearest entrance"! This just would never exist in a small subdivision in Barrie.

https://www.barrie.ca/Living/ParksTrails/Trails/Documents/The%20Trans%20Canada%20Trail%20Map.pdf

Google Maps:

Of course these aren't on Street View but not that it would necessarily be there even if it was legit.

Tagged:

Comments

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,495 admin

Hey @ArmedWAN-PGO! We have reviewed this report and taken action on the Wayspot and the 2 Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.

• ArborAndyYT-PGOArborAndyYT-PGO Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

he does that a lot. It gets approved every time it's removed. I live in the North end and it pops up every once in a while as a new stop. Same trainer every time. I've spoken to him and he's begged me not to report it lol