Feedback to the Appeal team

Today my appeal of a valid POI was reviewed by Niantic. The verdict in wayfarer was: "Thanks for the appeal, Explorer! We could not verify the existence of this object at the specified location, so we are unable to reverse the decision of the community. We recommend that you resubmit the nomination with supporting image showing the object and its location with respect to the background."

I wonder how the Niantic team in charge of reviewing appeals was unable to verify the location. There is no google street view for this location, so I understand they can't actually confirm based on that platform. To give more evidence for the location being correct I provided an additional link to the website for this pilgrim route. If the team had followed this link they would have seen a map, where it is clearly visible the route passes the location of the submission. Moreover, there is another wayspot visible in the background of the supporting photo of my submission (which can be seen from the ingress map).

I understand the appeal team has a massive amount of work ahead of them, but inaccurate/incomplete reviewing only leads to more work. If I were to resubmit this POI it could again be rejected by the community (because my experience with this trail marker is it gets rejected a lot for inappropriate location, but that's another discussion entirely). After rejection I would again appeal it, making the team review this submission for a second time. Hopefully, this reaches the correct Niantic team and my feedback helps improve the quality of the reevaluation of our submissions.

Title of the Wayspot: Pelgrimsroute

City: Overasselt

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: 

Info to support my claim:

Supporting photo from my submission:

Wayspot visible in the backbround (next to the red signpost):

Route info from the routes own website I linked in the supporting info of my submission (https://walkofwisdom.org/pelgrimsroute/de-walk-of-wisdom-pelgrimsroute-rondom-nijmegen/):

Tagged:

Comments