Removed wayspot appeal

Title of the Wayspot: Malakoff - La Reine d'Amazonie

City: Malakoff

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: none to provide

Additional information

This wayspot was submitted by me and validated in 2019.

Last week, I noticed it has disappeared from the system, and I do not understand the reason.

- The street art still exists (see photo taken on Jan 19th)

- It is visible on Google Map.

- You can easily access to the wayspot, and in complete safety: it is on a sidewalk, secured with a barrier separating the roadway.

- This portal has a strong cultural connatation: this street art was designed and signed by Kaldea Nakajima, a renowned Parisian artist. This fantastic  workis cited on several well-known sites, such as https://www.trompe-l-oeil.info/Murspeints/details.php?image_id=43561 or https://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g947973-d16657470- r651744257-Fresque_Reine_de_l_Amazonie-Malakoff_Hauts_de_Seine_Ile_de_France.html

- I choosed the name chosen by the artist for this waypsot, La Reine d'Amazonie, as you can see on the previous web sites.

- The street art is on the wall of a 13-floor residential building. This is not a single family home.

- It is not on the perimeter of a school. There is a school about twenty meters away, but the fresco is largely outside. Just see the photos. There is even a walk mail between the school and the building (marked with green arrow on my screenshot), this path is crossing a green space, leading to a public city stadium and a play area for children.

Really, I don't understand why this portal was removed.

Can you reconsider the question, or give me the reason(s) for his disappearance?

Photos to support your claim:

- Screenshot from Wayfarer, for approved wayspot

- Screenshot from Google Map, check https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8235825,2.3046053,3a,36.2y,109.03h,85.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTu_vslp3HMUO8EFc244HLw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

- Personal picture of the street art (2023 Jan 19th)

Tagged:

Comments

• Izanami66-INGIzanami66-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

Effectivement la fresque est bien sur le mur d'un immeuble et non sur une école la suppression n'a pas lieu d'être.

• Thanks for the appeal, @AstuceMcLeod-ING! We have taken another look, however, stand by our decision to retire this Wayspot.

• AstuceMcLeod-PGOAstuceMcLeod-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited February 2023

@NianticOtoStar: Can you provide the reason for its disappearance ?

This is an aerial view, from Google Maps again,

What make this waypost invalid ?

Post edited by AstuceMcLeod-PGO on
  • Izanami66-INGIzanami66-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

Bonjour,

Pourquoi ce refus de remettre ce portail car ce n'est pas une école là où est la fresque (Voir screen de la vue aérienne). Pouvez-vous revoir votre décision.

Merci Niantic

I have proposed dozens of wayspots, portals that all respect the Wayfarer spirit, the rules and their AMA complements.

I did several thousand analyzes under Wayfarer. I regularly browse these forums to refine my analyses.

And regarding this portal, which I proposed in 2019, which has been accepted by the community for more than 3 years, I do not understand this deletion decision.

Before appealing, I asked some friends abroad (from Sweden and the United States) to give me their opinion.

None was able to find a valid reason for this deletion.

All noticed the existence of the school (this is my best guess as to why it was removed), but all also noticed that the fresco was located more than 15 meters from the prohibited perimeter. We can see it via Google Map, either from the street or in aerial view.

This street art is NOT inside this school, the location is valid.

I think those players will be confused if they read this exchange, just like I am.

It is essential for me to know why you take this decision, about 'La Reine d'Amazonie'.

I can't continue doing analysis under Wayfarer without a clear and concise answer.

For my first appeal, I have been waiting for a month for a simple explanation on the disappearance of this wayspot, which seems to me completely legitimate and in accordance with the rules and AMA Wayfarer.

The only response received was a simple and laconic "We have taken another look, however, stand by our decision to retire this wayspot" without any explanation.

I come to wonder if the answers are not brought by a bot, which uses a standard copy-paste to close certain subjects (the account tagged NIA posts once, no one comes back to it), without going too much against a decision taken before. Or a purely partisan decision, with the flavor of "Ingress faction", which cannot be defended by a point of rule...

I am not at all convinced by the feedback received.

It is therefore useless for me to continue my analyzes under Wayfarer, for lack of explanation.

Thanks to provide me this explanation.