Indonesia Challnege Progress Update

Hello Explorers, 

We only have a couple more days before the end of the Indonesian Challenge and it’s time for an update! Since the beginning of the challenge last week, we have had: 

• 4114 participants so far
  • 2860 Wayspots Accepted (72% of Tier 1 / 48% of Tier 2)

I know you all have been working very hard reviewing so I’m confident we’ll reach at least Tier 1! We did notice a decrease in reviewers these last couple of days. I’m sure our communities could use a friendly reminder. 

Here are some additional locations in Indonesia in case you would like more placed to review that have high concentrations of unresolved Wayspots: 

• Surakarta
  • Bandung
  • Semarang
  • Pondok Kelapa

I’ll be reviewing alongside you this weekend! 

Safe Exploring!

Tagged:

Comments

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a lot of reviews where I started in Jakarta, most of which I could accept. For the three days I was in Bali, most of the nominations I reviewed could not be accepted. Today in 100 reviews, I got 5 from my Indonesia bonus area. These were all good nominations in Sumatra. But we can't get them accepted if they don't submit eligible nominations and if we don't get them to review.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also the difference between number of participants:

Day 1 recap: 1036 participants

Day 9 recap: 4114 participants

——————————

Hai para Agents dan Trainers se-Indonesia sekalian, masa' kalah sama Brazil?

A big congratulations to our Brazil Explorers! The Brazil Wayfarer Challenge has come to a close and all 3 tiers have been surpassed! WOW! I hope you all enjoyed the challenge. With that, I’m happy to share a summary of your achievements. 

Challenge Summary: 

Total Participants: 10,616

Total Accepted Nominations: 17,991 

Ayo buktikan kalo kita bisa lebih baik dari mereka!

• Sunlitgarden-INGSunlitgarden-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

How about an extension with the ability to set Home location for the extra range? I think we are just too spread out with a country as geographically large as Indonesia even with being able to change Bonus every few days.

• FantaX1911-PGOFantaX1911-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

I've picked north Sumatra in Indonesia but I'm not getting anything from there, and considering I'm also not getting anything at home (Situation is worse than Indonesia here), I will be stuck for the next 2 days with nothing to review.

edited February 2023

I switched back, to Surakarta per the new list, and am getting more Indonesian reviews than I was at my earlier locations (Makassar and Bali) so maybe there's just more to pull from there. It's also possible that I have done enough reviews in the last week or 2 to clear many of the local items. I haven't kept track from day to day but it's probably over 1000 by now.

• Robert4444-INGRobert4444-ING Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭

+130 in 8 days? XD what a joke.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm out. We have reached our goals.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

@HankWolfman-PGO and I are probably around 50 miles apart in the U.K. with a substantial overlap of reviewing area. His experience of the flow of locations to review is exactly what I have found.

i have been getting a lot of agreements and locally quite a number of wayspots are appearing - a mix of Niantic tackling the backlog which for my area is 2 year, but also some finally resolved by the community. So get the impression that more people are reviewing.

So bizarrely the challenge seems to be helping a lot in the U.K. where I feel I am having an impact compared to Indonesia where I feel my contribution is small and I don’t hold out much hope for the basketball court on K12 being approved. 🙄

I have a very busy weekend to organise locally and need to start by making the fudge.

• Yacatect-INGYacatect-ING Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

Same here, not getting that many bonus location stuff to review (to be fair, this is partly my own fault for not picking the main city) and the stuff I do see often has one or more things wrong with it.

• RennieFox-PGORennieFox-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

Pace-wise, 8260 sounds more reasonable than 2860. Fingers crossed that @NianticTintino-ING got it wrong.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I first chose Makassar as geographical center-ish (of cities given). I got a fair number to review, almost all BAD. Plainly at someone's house, a school, or temporary.

Then I checked the Intel map and saw that 9 regions (S7 cells) is teensy compared to how spread out Indonesia is.

I switched to Semarang because it is the middle of the most populous island. From there, the 9 regions include Jakarta AND Surabaya (both on the list). I get a good number now, and 50-75% are accepts (mostly mosques with identifying turrets). Semarang was then added (lead post above) as having a "high concentrations of unresolved Wayspots:".

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

I’m guessing the initial reviewing included a large percentage that had been under review had already had some votes. So very quickly these reach agreement. So an initial splurge of agreements including approvals. But then you are into fresh nominations with few votes and possibly even those starting to get different views so reaching agreement slows. But with people thinking job done and changing out of area things really slowed.

edited February 2023

I can't help but wonder if we are being set up to fail, are there even that many candidates that meet criteria currently floating around? Based on what people have shared so far, I am not sure. Maybe change the goal to Agreements instead of Acceptances? I know more people than usual are reviewing right now based on the rate of agreements/upgrades coming in. They are just either reviewing outside of Indonesia, or mostly rejecting.

Just asking, did acceptance from Niantic review (not the ones reviewed by @NianticTintino-ING and co.) count? Iirc 2 or 3 old nominations of mine were accepted by them during this challenge.

Also I've upgraded 2 nominations using upgrades obtained from reviewing, yet still no result...

Also I feel sorry to everyone who got more rejections than acceptance for reviewing such nominations here and asking for local standards because you see, even the quality of local reviewers here need to be questioned:

Perhaps any of you also meet something like this in duplicate maps while reviewing?