Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Home Address Discrepancy

TheDodge-INGTheDodge-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

@NianticAaron

Hello, when setting my home address from the map, I selected my home's location but it is set as the address of my neighbour's house.

Is it possible to reset my address, please?

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your home review area will almost certainly be exactly the same no matter if it's showing your address or your neighbour's address. For a start, the address shown may not always be exact, but even if it was, review areas are based on a grid of cells, and the cells used are very large. For example, if you set your home location where I live in Yorkshire, UK, you'd get to see reviews from all of the UK aside from the very north of Scotland and the south coast of England.

If anything, the only reason you should be wanting to reset your home location is so that you can put it somewhere fairly far away, as putting it at your current location is a bit obsolete as you already would receive reviews from those cells anyway due to it being the area where you currently play Niantic games.

• Thanks @HankWolfman-PGO for the explanation.

@TheDodge-ING, as long as the neighborhood is correct, you do not need to worry about it.

• TheDodge-INGTheDodge-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply. It's just the inaccuracy is a bit OCD triggering.