Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Multiple Entrances For The Same Park

2»

Answers

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen/read that comment plenty of times before.

The part that I have been arguing the most is as follows:

"However, please keep in mind that our goal is not to ingest every possible POI to get as many Portals/Wayspots as possible, but rather to ingest unique, interesting, artistic or notable local hotspots where players could gather or learn/discover something about their community."

Three or four wayspots for entrances on a single park doesn't seem to fit in with that goal which is what I've been saying from the beginning.

I think the one entrance for a park should be sufficient, since there would be far more interest wayspot possibilities inside the park, such as art, information boards, etc.

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

Did you read the duplicates information? No.... Then you missed my point of reading the whole thread.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I think this really depends on the park, though. A local park I've been adding stretches nearly 10 miles and has maybe 5 signs I would consider "park entrances." They are spread out enough that they would never show up as potential duplicates. They look "neat" but are all identical. They could never be deemed duplicates due to distance, and I don't think anyone would ever reject outright.

There are also a handful of signs for this park that are nothing more than "[Park Name] [hours open]" on what look like basic street signs. Those are more questionable. I wouldn't consider them eligible for this park (thus I don't nominate) but I think they certainly should be for smaller parks. There are several of these signs spread out, and most wouldn't show as duplicates.

Anyways, I believe it's dependent on visual distinction and distance, and that's how I rate. I would similarly appreciate clarification from Niantic, since it looks like a difference of opinion in accept, reject, and duplicate. Having 3 opinions all loosely backed by random clarifications does a disservice to the submitter and reviewer community.

I think a wayfarer April 2020 update is coming. @NianticCasey-ING can probably enlighten better on this. With some of the things answered on the new forum, previously answered information on the ingress forum, questions asked in the wayfarer form. There should be enough for an update to wayfarer. The other that is still outstanding is incorporation of AMA's to wayfarer to give pokemon players access to them.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

, I'd say so long as the park is big enough, and by big enough I mean it would take like 20 minutes to half an hour to walk round the outside of it, then an entrance at each compass point roughly should be a waypoint. Trying to say they aren't gathering points is wrong, most people if they are going to a park with other people will gather at whichever entrance is easiest for them. So long as the entrance had the park name at it, that should be enough to pass with ease on big parks. Smaller parks, and by that I mean 10 minutes or less to walk round it, yeah they should be 1 entrance, unless one entrance has a unique architecture, then you could push for 2 as one isnt there for the park but for the architecture

• grendelwulf-INGgrendelwulf-ING Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Same. The signs are just a proxy for the park itself. Only one needs to be a poi.

Thanks @NianticCasey-ING for direction. Would you provide an example in size of park?

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

I agree could you please be more specific, by small park, I hope you mean a parkette.