Meets Criteria

2»

Comments

• Invalid Appeal- Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We're not currently reviewing PokéStop submissions. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.

• WindStalker46-PGOWindStalker46-PGO Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I know you aren't or ever going to review rejected submissions, what I'm asking for is punishment for players using your guidance only when it suits them and deciding when to follow the criteria and when not to based on their own take on the guidelines. In your guidance it states word for word that if a submission meets one of your criteria it is a valid submission, it doesn't say that if the submission meets one of the criteria find any one or more reasons to reject. You say that if a submission is something that connects people from around the world it is valid, yet you don't allow national cycling route signs because they are generic, yet the UK National Cycling Routes actually connect to each other and take people to Europe and connects to their national cycling routes across many European countries which links in with connecting people from around the world. There are things you need to do to the criteria that will help rural areas have the ability to get a couple of stops and a gym, you have all these criteria that most areas like small towns and villages won't have many things from the criteria so opening up some other things would benefit them and also some places could have more but a lot of things can't be used due to the cells being rather small, making cells bigger to help being to have more stops and gyms closer together would also be great. You need to look at players reviewing who reject based on things players have mentioned on here i.e they see comments or suggestions from players on the discussion forum and when they see submissions from the same players they reject because they didn't like or agree with what they read. You have punished players for breaking your game rules on ingress go etc but don't punish players for being really biased and nasty etc on reviews. Hence why I have stopped reviewing again and submitting as it is a waste of my time.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

The system they have in place right now to make sure people follow guidelines is they have pre reviewed submissions where if people are not following criteria and vote incorrectly, it has a big impact on their wayfarer score. Whether this has worked well is debatable. What is sorely needed, far more, are all the guidelines and criteria in one, easy, searchable place.

Just because something "connects" people doesn't mean it's a good nomination. Cell phone towers connect people, yet they are not a good point of interest. That concept is a general reason why Niantic has deemed some things eligible, but that does not mean ANYTHING that connects people is eligible. Or anything that promotes exercise (pools are not often eligible) or encourages learning (not every single building at a college is eligible). Just trying to give you a few examples because I feel like you are misunderstanding.

Also, as much as I would like them to use a smaller cell size per stop (please lord. Dont make them bigger) people have been begging for years and Niantic has not budged even a tiny bit (they in fact don't even acknowledge they use an S2 cell system).