Anonymous edits to wayspots

AdhuPTY-PGOAdhuPTY-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Some anonymous player is editing the titles of all the way spots in my village. They edited the titles which appear in Regional Language, Malayalam and made it English. The thing is they are not editing it properly. There aren't any other level 40 Pokémon Go player or any other Level 10 Ingress agent in this village and none of these portals haven't had any activity recently. So, it is clear that someone is doing this on purpose.

People who are editing these are making spelling mistakes regarding the place name and also there was a church, the name of which was in Malayalam. But the player made an edit to make it English. But they added the word Temple instead of Church. I reported abuse and filled the form. Thankfully, the edit haven't came live until now.

Now the player made an edit. It's name was also in malayalam. It is a Shrine and which is already mentioned in the description too. But the player changed its name to English and now it's name is St George Cross. Shrine and Cross are different. I hope reviewers will know it too. So, many edits are happening in my village, and the reviewers are accepting everything blindly. If the reviewer is not able to select the answer, then they should select 'None of the above' or cannot find the location or atleast skip that one. They aren't doing it.

Already mentioned about this in both Pokémon Go and Ingress Support but new edits pop out like mushrooms. It's all because of a biased reviewing system which Niantic should consider. The possibility of making false edits and reporting invalid to remove the way spot is also a problem. Or who does make edits to the wayspots on a remote Indian village which doesn't hurts anybody. Maybe some schadenfreude is enjoying the scenes and having a tea or beer.

The story doesn't end here. 80% nominations in this village are getting rejected, which I don't bother that much because I can always resubmit. The main issue with nominations are that reviewers are moving the marker to existing wayspots so that it won't appear in game even if it gets accepted. Also, false duplication is another issue related to it. I can resubmit if they reject. What if they move the marker to existing wayspot and mark duplicate again? There's nothing I can do for that.

Some of the description edits are more interesting saying someone was here.

The Intel links to the way spots are,

The Title and description in the screenshots says everything. Making edits are accepted if there are any mistakes. But these edits are made for finding self satisfaction. Please do verify that who does these fraudulent edits and the actions if necessary. If no actions were taken, it will inspire more people to make unnecessary edits an NIA have to disable Title and Description edits just like they disabled Location Edits.

Post edited by AdhuPTY-PGO on
Tagged:

Comments