portal on an industrial site, access is unsafe and closed for pedestrians

mokys-INGmokys-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in [Archive] Appeals

Портал Монумент "Вічна слава" находится на закрытом промышленном объекте: Аглофабрика мариупольского металлургического комбината им "Иллича" https://ilyichsteel.metinvestholding.com/ua , принадлежащий Ринату Ахметову, то есть нарушается сразу несколько критериев: 1. Нет безопасного пешеходного доступа; 2. Находится на частном участке; 3. Мешает работе аварийных служб (Портал препятствует нормальной работе аварийных служб или мешает им. Сюда входят, помимо прочего, пожарные части, полицейские участки, больницы, военные базы, промышленные объекты, электростанции и вышки управления воздушным движением.) Это промышленный объект - самая большая аглофабрика Европы.

Далее предоставляю: под номером 1 высокий забор с колючей проволокой, под номером 2 расположение портала

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
Tagged:

Comments

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a bit premature to post in here, as that is not yet the “rejection” email. It’s just the “we have received your report and it is in the queue for us to look at” email.

In the meantime, it may still be appropriate to discuss this over in the Guidelines Clarifications section @NianticCasey-ING https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/categories/clarifications

However, it may still be good to know Niantic’s general position on locations that are not accessible to “the public”, which is that a wayspot need not be accessible to everybody 24/7/365, it is normally sufficient that at least one person is able to access it safely.

You also seem to be saying that this spot blocks emergency services? That normally means that emergency vehicles will be at that spot +/- 40m. You CAN even have a wayspot on hospital grounds, so long as the location won’t block inbound paramedics.

Niantic will be taking all this into account and more, and I suspect the odds are high that they will initially reject your “invalid Wayspot” claim.

• mokys-INGmokys-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

Не тот скрин плилепил, вот:

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

First of all: being on a privately owned site is not, and never was, grounds for rejection or removal. Being on private residential property is, but that one refers to single-family homes and farms, so that one's clearly out of the question.

Secondly: a portal doesn't have to be accessible to everyone or all the time. If this portal is indeed a monument that is accessible to the workers and visitors of the facility, it is very much eligible and should remain.

Third: you claim that this portal interferes with emergency services. Could you elaborate on that? Is there a fire station or something else next to it?

Post edited by Nadiwereb-PGO on
  • Invalid Appeal - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. Looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING @NianticAndres the player did eventually add a "rejection email" snapshot, but down in the comments where it seems Andres did not see it. This jibes with my recent experience, where it took intervention by Casey in order for any of my own updated information (ie. photos) to be acknowledged by the team.

Does @mokys-ING really need to create a NEW thread with all the information in one place?

• Hey there,

I asked the team to re-review this situation since @mokys-ING did provide the rejection email in the comments of the discussion. I'll also talk to the team about making sure that these threads re reviewed in their entirety and to consider evidence provided in the comments as part of the original appeal.

• mokys-INGmokys-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

Спасибо, портал удален

This discussion has been closed.