Wayspot implemented in Ingress but not Pokemon Go (2 of 2)

AcroFlipper-PGOAcroFlipper-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in [Archive] Appeals

Title of the Wayspot: Thyatira Church Monument

City: Salisbury

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: It made it through in Ingress only, did not come through to Pokemon Go.

Photos to support your claim:

https://gyazo.com/16f633e0d838f829cd11685199798478

Additional information: The picture above is from the Ingress Intel Map, it shows that the portal made it into Ingress but not Pokemon Go. It is in it's own S2 cell so I do not understand why it didn't come through in both games. Thank you.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
Tagged:

Comments

• WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since it is in a cemetery, I claim that there is a geoblock in the zone. It was probably once present in Pokémon Go and then deactivated. There may have been complaints. There will be reasons for it.

To be honest, I think it's better that way because many Pokémon players appear in groups and cannot behave calmly and appropriately like individual Ingress players.

• Skywalkered-PGOSkywalkered-PGO Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Geoblocking cemetries is definitely a thing. We have a sizeable old cemetery near the centre of our town which has around 10 waypoints, but none appear in Pokemon Go to my knowledge.

• Appeal Denied- Thank you for the appeal, Agent. While some nominations may be deemed eligible by the community of reviewers on Niantic Wayfarer for inclusion into Niantic’s location database, they may not necessarily be added into every Niantic game. After a nomination is approved by reviewers, there is an additional automated review that determines whether the nomination is an appropriate fit for each particular Niantic game. Each game has their own set of criteria for this step, so some nominations may be accepted into one game but not another.

This discussion has been closed.