Appeal the Appeal - Horsey Palm Graffiti

Title: Horsey Palm Graffiti

Description: Located on the world famous seal beach is this palm graffiti. Artistic and hidden against the sea wall.

Supplemental Information:
Artistic and a hidden gem
This Photosphere Confirms Location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/R3WNhF32KgCLbt1F8

Main Photo:
main

Supplementary Photo:
supplementary

Appeal/Reject reasons:

Additional Info:
The appeal reviewer probably went on the default photosphere that predates the nomination where a later 3rd party photosphere clearly shows the nonimation exists at the location

Niantic_Wayfarer_location

Admittedly the pin for the POI could be shifted 5m NW closer to the wooden structure on the beach but inline with the wall.

I feel that the reasons for rejecting mainly come down to not being able to be confident in the location but I think there is enough evidence if prepared to click a few times on the map.

1 Like

This is a cute little tree! I can’t say for sure, of course, but I would suspect this wasn’t approved because it looks like it may be graffiti or artwork not commissioned by the city/municipality. That makes it more likely to be removed in the future. If it was commissioned by the city, I would encourage you to nominate it again and include an article or some other type of proof in the supporting info. You did a great job with the location photosphere!

4 Likes