Invalid (fake) wayspot: Tablica informacyjna MPEC

To get there you need to break into the municipal heating junction node.
Is a fake (portal) because it’s a board about changing the heating pipe.
and exist only because the user came up with it to make rip-off “home portal”.
I understand that the temptation to have such a portl is high, but creation of such portals to gain an advantage in the game is not fair to the rest of tiny ingress community. Some people don’t get it…

industrial site - it’s “mpec” (municipal heat energy junction)
prohibited entry - fenced, with prohibited access
fake/rip-off - exist only because the user make rip-off portal

Portals should be:

• A great place for exploration
  • A great place for exercise
  • A great place to be social with others

The portal does not fulfill any of these functions, the temporary board (3-5y according to law) informs about …replacement of heat pipe, lol. In addition, to get there you need to break into the municipal heating node. (it’s not office, or workplace, it’s industrial heat-node)

• Wayspot Title: Tablica informacyjna MPEC
  • Location 50.017068,19.970313:
  • City: Krakow

Thanks for the appeal @dopsmokerscrew We took another look at the Wayspot in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

1 Like

I’m reporting this - because it’s impossible to play there

While we understand your disappointment about the location of this Wayspot, based on our research, it does not meet our criteria for removal. Our games are meant to augment reality, not replace it. If you’re not certain you have the right to access a location or are not certain it is safe to access, please do not make any attempts to do so. As a player or any other member of the community, you must respect access restrictions, never trespass, or in any manner gain or attempt to gain access to any property or location where you do not have the right or permission to be. Please review and follow the Player Guidelines at all times while playing our games to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone!

Thanks,

3 Likes

ok so I’ll keep breaking in.

“safe and enjoyable experience”

thanks @NianticAaron it makes sense

It appears to be a gated community with apartments. A common area wayspot is eligible there because people living in the community can access it without trespassing.

Above photo describes what is eligible and what isn’t.

Apologies if I misunderstood the map. But the photo is a great reference.

Edit: it is Utilies site that people work at. I’m not sure if that is eligible itself but the is an information board referenced (I don’t see a photo of it). An information board can be eligible. An information board at a company can be eligible. An information board at a company that only employees can access can be eligible. As annoying as this is for other players, I understand why there aren’t grounds for removal. Grounds for removal are much stricter than eligibility.

It is also not a read to trespass.

@dopsmokerscrew
To be clear you should not engage in any illegal activity whilst playing the games.

3 Likes

My understanding is that the structure is not a public area of any kind, but the housing for heat-exchangers, steam pipes, etc., for a community. It’s sort of like an electric power substation, but for heat energy, as opposed to electrical.

The nominated (and approved!) object is a signboard that instructs utility workers about the sequence of steps necessary to replace a steam-pipe.

This doesn’t sound like any kind of community bulletin board, information display (e.g.: museum or public education works). The best analogs I can think of are: water treatment plant or electric substation, neither of which would be an acceptable Wayspot unless it had a safe and public educational display.

On the old Vanilla forum, someone had trouble because they wanted to nominate elements in a wind farm that had informative signs for the public which described the purpose, function and goals of the infrastructure. The forum-dwellers and reviewers hated the proposal for being ‘stickers on windmills’. I felt it was much more suitable for Wayfarer than this maintenance board.

I hope Niantic reconsiders their position before someone gets hurt.

My understanding is that the structure is not a public area of any kind, but the housing for heat-exchangers, steam pipes, etc., for a community. It’s sort of like an electric power substation, but for heat energy, as opposed to electrical.

@eneeoh I think you’re the first to understand this. Which is not easy among this community. It’s non-public and no one works there. Probably once a couple of months an serviceguy shows up for an inspection.

As for the sign, if the EU gives money for something, they have to hold such a board for three years. In this case, the EU gave money for a new pipe…

@LetsRollGirl : D. Yeah girl
We have a lot of “Community with apartments” in this city. :smiley:

But the topic is about an industrial heating node, you know - water flows in, water flows out. No one works here, just pipes and stuff. Such facilities are called “strategic” that’s why it’s fenced, and the whole building has bars on the windows.

Perfect portal for one guy, And a problem for the rest.

I don’t have a problem with it, I’m a graffiti writer so for me breaking into restricted zones is a easy thing. The problem is when a big guy pulled out from a computer wants to get a portal. That’s why there should be no such portal. Simple. Fairplay. A word no one understands in this game

@elijustrying

To be clear you should not engage in any illegal activity whilst playing the games.

I’ll change your text a bit to make you understand what I came with: “A player should not create a rip-off portal in a closed industrial zone, because as we well know - it leads to illegal behavior.”

It is an industrial zone
it is temporary,
it is inaccessible,
it has no value, just rip-off

anything else :slight_smile: ?

What I do when my report appeal has been rejected is get the property owner involved and have them make the request. I hate to bother them if I don’t have to, but every time i have pursued something I thought was really problematic, Niantic has removed the Wayspot after the person with credentials requests it. In one case, they were happy I made them aware of it but decided not to have it removed. But it most cases, it was gone shortly afterwards.

Oh and I just remembered a couple of other situations where a pastor had raids turned off at gyms and a town manager had a statue in the middle of a disc golf course downgraded from a gym to a pokestop.

1 Like

I think that’s what the niantic employees are for.

Involving city services to deal with a “game portal” would mean that someone is not doing his job. Iprefer to leave it to N.

Ah, so it is not about getting solution. nvm then.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood me.
I understand that in the game this is the way to solve the case.

It’s like calling an emergency number for a pizza.

Personally, I think as above - this is not a matter of city departments, but N.

if it’s industrial site, replace “inaccessible” with

Obstructs emergency operations - Locations that obstruct the driveways of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers.

You are right but this portal breaks so many rules…

All in all, I don’t want to argue with the corporation anymore. It’s Niantic which should care that there are no such fake wayspots. I have done my part.

1 Like

Even though dopsmokerscrew made it sound like the poi is in the center of the equipment area inside, the portal is outdoors.

Why are you lying @cyndiepooh ?
Portal is behind this gate.

Please remain respectful of other wayfinders in your posts including when disagreeing
All that was said was that it was outdoors. Gates do not stop something being a viable wayspot.

4 Likes

i did not lie. i said the portal was “outdoors”

i did not say that it was not behind a gate

1 Like