Removed wayspot appeal

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

• Wayspot Title: Hinkelbaan
  • Location (lat/lon): 52.2265473,6.8929639
  • City: Enschede
  • Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information): N/A
  • Additional Information (if any):
    This hopscotch was removed for being “generic”, but it’s a physical and cognitive workout for those who play this game. The tiles have been placed by the municipality about 9 years ago. Hopscotch is also a very old game that has been played already from 1200 BCE.

It is indeed permanent and still there.
However it is also generic like mentioned in the first post.

2 examples

Portal: Hinkelbaan wijdehof Adres: Floris van Noordwijklaan 19, 1715 HD Spanbroek, Netherlands Links: Intel, Ingress, Google map, Route, Route, Waze. GUID: 004525be27de33509d37c9e19b5d8a28.16

Portal: Hinkelpad Adres: Poldermeesterslag 28, 2805 EX Gouda, Netherlands Links: Intel, Ingress, Google map, Route, Route, Waze. GUID: 0049a9f2603140bca3825a999590175e.16

You say it’s generic, yet you link two portals that look different. Thanks for helping me address this to Niantic.

1 Like

All “the same”

When any other “hinkelbaan” is considered a valid portal, this could be too. In my opinion the problem is not that it could be generic, but that the location was very much off (placed on top of a house) and that when properly located on the ingress map, it might be too close to existing portals. Wouldnt it be an option to resubmit this portal in the right location and then see if it “fits” in this already very portal dense area? Good luck with your appeal. I personally would accept a hopscotch game as valid portal, not based on the historial value though, but simply because it invites for physical activity.

Thanks for the appeal @Katth We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Wayspot.

1 Like

Than please retire all mentioned wayspots above as well. Saves us the trouble having to report them all. Your amazing AI can probably sort that out.

Anyway, thanks for reinforcing portal reports that aren’t done because they are “generic”, but because someone lives in range of it. Not the first (and probably not last) time the portals at these coordinates have been tampered with sadly.