Restored Wayspot Closed Again

Wayspot Title: Tüpraş Deney Lab.
Location (lat/lon): 38.800919, 26.945557
City: İzmir
Additional Information (if any): This wayspot was closed two months ago. Niantic confirmed that this decision was incorrect and the wayspot has been reinstated. This waypoint is in an important location for the Enlightened team, and opposing players have a habit of complaining and closing it down rather than trying to reach it or trying to fight. I don’t know if it will be closed every time, but this is a legal portal and we want it to be brought back.

5 Likes

Multiple agents spend time and money establishing a control field, and the opponent simply closes the portal. Why doesn’t Niantic take action against this? The wayspot is in place and the fact is that it has been confirmed before but it can still be closed.

2 Likes

What’s the point of playing if we’re going to keep closing waypoints? Moreover, we are talking about a waypoint whose reality has been confirmed. Come on Niantic! You can do better…

2 Likes

The wayspot is real and appropriate, in accordance with the rules. Why is it closed? Moreover, it has long-distance links and large control field.

2 Likes

Closing the same portal a second time? There must be a sanction for this. The wayspot is real and valid, why doesn’t niantic prevent it from being shut down?

2 Likes

As far as I understand, it is a real, legal and appropriate wayspot. Closing it seems like a wrong decision. Niantic should refund this.

2 Likes

It’s a sign next to normal door. Please check Eligibility Criteria’s in Wayfarer. The wayspot in question doesn’t meet requirements in Wayfarer. The wayspot in question belongs to Tüpraş (oil rig) and the sign says “Testing Lab”. I don’t see it’s meeting the requirements below.

Must meet at least one of the three eligibility criteria

• A great place for exploration
  • A great place for exercise
  • A great place to be social with others
1 Like

This portal not accesseble and private property. This business is a factory and production site. Gases that are dangerous to human health are also produced.

2 Likes

Multiple? Just one

This Wayspot has been removed at the request of the property owner and as a result, we are unable to reinstate it.

7 Likes

This portal is located on the private dangerous area of oil refinery. We wrote about that many times. And usual sign of laboratory is not portal if we follow Niantic criterias of wayspots.

2 Likes

I don’t think this wayspot was significant to wayspot network anyway. Not provides any cultural or social benefits for players, even can be dangerous for visitors since it is located in chemical refinery plant.

3 Likes

According to Google records, the number of employees is 5244 people. Inside, there is a Pioneer in social facilities. Dangerous for whom? This place is not considered unreachable just because the opponent cannot reach it, there are examples. A portal that meets the criteria, at least as much as any other.

2 Likes

How reliable is the word of someone whose account has been closed because they played inappropriately many times? Someone who plays 300 km away and has not even passed near the Portal can say “no access to the portal”? And Niantic believes that. Let’s complain about all the portals that are unique to us. No portal left in the game. As we go on the field, they go to the table. We want justice.

1 Like

They said it’s not suitable for people. People work there. Even closing requests don’t make sense.

1 Like

based on the course this discussion has taken, I’ll be closing it from further engagement. Thanks,

1 Like