The Wayspot suddenly disappeared

• Wayspot Title: Byeoksan Apartment Complex 1 Statue
    (벽산아파트 1단지 동상 in Korean)
  • Location (lat/lon): 37.619868, 127.010252
  • City: Gangbuk-gu, Seoul
  • Additional Information (if any):

벽산

I applied for a Wayspot around April of last year and it appeared around October, but I am inquiring because the Wayspot has suddenly disappeared some time ago.
Not only was it not private land, but it was a Wayspot that was available to all users.

If someone intentionally applied for cancellation or it was erased due to an error, I would like to inquire whether recovery is possible.

In Ingress, the portal appears to still be alive.

It’s still in the database.

In Pokémon Go, if you can see the Wayspot “벽산아파트 1단지 쉼터” as a Pokéstop or Gym, that will be preventing your nomination from appearing in Pokémon Go, as they’re in the same Level 17 S2 Cell and a Cell can only contain one Pokéstop or Gym.

If it previously appeared in Pokémon Go and now doesn’t, that suggests that either it was moved into the occupied Cell, causing it to disappear, or that a nearby property owner or landowner complained about trainers gathering at that location and specifically asked for it to be removed from Pokémon Go. My guess is that it was probably the result of a location edit to make the Wayspot more accurate though.

1 Like