Wayspot Removal Appeal - Forest God

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

• Wayspot Title: Forest God

• Location (lat/lon): 45.4577660, 9.2257870

• City: Milano

• Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):

• Additional Information (if any):

The Wayspot ‘Forest God’ is located within the complex of condemned buildings and construction work. Having looked into this Wayspot, I am fairly confident that this was never located there. The photo of the Wayspot describes an art piece by Tomáš Libertíny which was advertised to be shown at a different art exhibition space in a different area of Milan.

This can also be seen in the Wayspot photo itself. As you can see in the photo of the Wayspot, it has the logo for The Dap dei Missaglia Art Park. The Dap dei Missaglia Art Park was a temporary open air art exhibition from October 2021 to December 2021 and it was located nearly 9km away from the Wayspot. The artwork, Forest God, was later displayed in Miami in 2023.

The Wayspot photo features the logo for the Dap dei Missaglia Art Park. The Art Park was actually located 8.9km from the location of the Wayspot.

Here’s an actual photo of the work “Forest God” featured in a slide show from the Dap dei Missaglia Art Park.

And here’s an old advertisement explaining that the exhibitions closed on 14 December 2021.

And this advertisement from an art gallery in Miami says that the "Forest God’ was on display there in 2023.

Information about the demolition of the area can be confirmed here. There are also many photos of the area from April 2024. The area, called Ex-Macello (or former slaughterhouse) is being redeveloped into a large housing project with plans for a museum in the area. But these things don’t yet exist. From the photos in the architectural blog I linked you can see that this is an active construction zone.

And while the satellite photos do not currently show the extent of the demolition in progress, I believe it is clear that the Forest God is not there. The red arrow is on the long/lat of the current Wayspot.

Thanks for the appeal, @aliccolo After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to retire the Wayspot in question.

1 Like