Invalid Wayspot - Boy With A Frog

• Wayspot Title: Boy With A Frog

• Location (lat/lon): Ingress Intel Map / 34.077845,-118.475011

• City: Los Angeles, CA

• Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):

• Additional Information (if any):
    The statue was located at the staircase:

When I went to the Getty museum on 4/24/2024, the statue wasn’t there:

I reported it, unsurprisingly got a rejection, started gathering supporting info… and got confused.

According to multiple websites (here, here, here and here), the statue, which was made out of fiberglass and was originally installed in Punta della Dogana museum in Venice, Italy), was installed at the Getty in 2011 and was supposed to stay until January 2012 as a temporary installation.

I found this blog where the blogger mentions there are several statues and wonders what statue was there in 2015 if the statue was removed in 2012.

On the Metropolitan Museum of Art website I found info about an exhibition that ran from January 2022 to June 2022 and that featured this exact statue:

The Met website mentions the statue was returned to the lender, which I assume is the museum in Venice, not the Getty.

Based on all this information, I believe the statue was a temporary installation, not permanent, and it’s currently not at the Getty museum.

Please remove this wayspot.

1 Like

Thanks for the appeal, @Itsutsume! After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to retire the Wayspot in question.

2 Likes