Historic district appeal

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

It is listed on the national register. The appeal said it was a generic street sign, but they missed the point. The waypoint is not a generic street sign, but a street sign that shows it is a historic district. The poi is the entire area.

If things recognized on the national registry don’t qualify as a place of interest (POI) then I don’t know what does.

Thanks for reviewing the appeal.

1 Like

Never mind

It is interesting reading Shilfiell’s appeal of the hall Hammondsport dock - the rejection seemed to be because there wasn’t a sign. Here there clearly is a sign, but perhaps the reason is different.

Just a bit more info. Typical street signs are not brown here. They are green. So these street signs being brown actually signifies that this is a historic area. Thanks for considering this submission.

Hi @Enderboyx8
Welcome to the forum :hugs:

It looks like you’re trying to appeal your rejected nomination.
This category is for appealing rejected ingame reports (removal request which was denied) or if you wanted a wayspot restored which was (wrongly) removed.

Rejected nominations you can appeal on your contribution page. When you open the nomination in question there’s a button at the top for doing that.
You have 1 appeal each 20 days. If yours is already used you have to wait until your next appeal is possible.

Hi @AliceWonder1511

Close- I did appeal it in game. However, I don’t feel that the person who reviewed the appeal understood what the POI was. In their reason they said it was just a normal street sign. It isn’t. Thanks!

I agree that the street signs are not regular street signs, but this isn’t really a sign for the historic district. It’s a sign for Jackson St., which lies in the historic district. Is there a sign for the historic district itself, that isn’t just a street name sign?
Or, does Jackson St. hold particular significance that you can nominate it?

1 Like

Hi again
What I wanted to say is, that the category Wayspot Appeals is not for rejected nomination appeals (sadly the process ends and you have to resubmit).
This category is for rejected ingame removal requests or restoring requests.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Enderboyx8

Every now and then there will be an overwhelming amount of support for a rejected appeal that will get it overturned. And Tintino did say they want us to continue to report when they got it wrong:

But there is no official process for requesting that an appeal be looked at again.

Looking at the location you gave, this seems to be in the middle of a residential area and these do seem to be just the street markers in this area, so I feel that the appeal decision was correct.

Is there a marker for the historic district in whole? Or a boundary or informational marker. One of the few real estate boundary signs I have submitted was for historical purposes.

Thank you both for the discussion.

I have walked the neighborhood and have not found a specific plaque or monument for the historic district.

I agree, the street sign isn’t unique in and of itself. But the street sign isn’t the point of interest, rather just the marker. I chose this sign because it is near the middle of the district.

Thanks again for the discussion.

1 Like

Maybe a better question is - should historic districts like this be included in the game? If so, how best to do so? Especially if they don’t have a marker.

I think they should be in the game because they encourage exploring and exercising. They are on the national register as a historic district, so it isn’t just any neighborhood. Any one house probably isn’t noteworthy, but taken as a whole it is impressive.

Agree I love the idea of the registered historic neighborhood. We have one in downtown Cary. I have run into the same issue of not finding a way to nominate the district, but since some of those houses are no longer SFPRP, I have been able to nominate historic buildings in the district with their plaques, using the fact of the historic registry to prove significance.

I looked around your historical area on Street View, but did not come up with any ideas on how to present this. Hoping someone else will have a suggestion for you. I just can’t think of an anchor to pin an historic district to without a “now entering” type of sign.

1 Like

In the U.K. we have conservation areas. These have a special protected starus in terms of planning regulations amongst other things. They are often marked with a plaque.
Here are 2 I submitted.

Is this the sort of thing your area and submission is about?

1 Like

I would say it is very similar. There are rules about remodeling or fixing the homes, rules around painting house color, those sorts of things.

Here, it also means that the region is nationally recognized as a landmark neighborhood.
See
https://www.statecollegepa.us/461/Historic-Preservation

Or

Basically a neighborhood that has old (in US standards) homes with unique style.

Unfortunately this district doesn’t have a placard specifically.