Neighborhood Signs

Here’s my opinion, and it’s opinion only of course: Neghborhood/Development signs are an aid in exploration, sure, but only as much as any street sign or traffic instruction. They’re a place people can meet, sure, but only as much as a random intersection. Most neighborhood/development signs are advertising or embellishment by the devlopment company, meant to distinguish their build area and “class it up” a bit with a stately-sounding name, like the place near me that cleared a lot of trees and natural grasses to put up a sign for “Hawks Landing” despite the fact that no hawks are landing there any more. :frowning:

SOME neighborhood / development signs, though, have artistic or unique elements that may make them acceptable candidates. Handmade, custom art, not simple corporate theming - or built-in benches, unique gardens, stuff like that which is uncommon. With a good title, description, and supporting info (not just “neighborhood signs are eligible”) I’d certainly vote to accept. If the unique elements of that candidate in particular are called out in the title or description, it can help dispel the myth that neighborhood signs should be accepted simply because they’re neighborhood signs.

8 Likes