So are trail markers eligible again or not?

No offense, Aaron, but that is honestly an appalling “solution”. I’m talking about hundreds of these trail markers that Niantic has removed, and that’s just in my city. So I have to:

1. resubmit the first 40 and hope my account doesn’t get banned AGAIN for “submitting a large amount of low-quality wayspots”.

2. Hope they get approved by local reviewers, which they most likely won’t be because reviewers aren’t exactly known for keeping up with changing criteria, nor do they follow them.

3. Resubmit the remainder one by one, day by day. That’ll take me at least a year. Not to mention that many of the removed trail markers were not submitted by me, so I can’t exactly download the photos from my contributions page for those. I’d have to go to every single one and take new photos. That’s a herculean effort.

So I hope you can understand, Aaron, that this would be an insane amount of work for me and that it would take an insanely long time to fix Niantic’s mistake and put back all the unjustly removed trail marker wayspots.

Luckily, I have a much easier method for all parties involved.

Using the Discord server I posted screenshots of, I can create a comprehensive list of every single removed trail marker wayspot in my area, with exact names and coordinates and all. I can then provide said list to the appeals team (or whoever at Niantic) so they can fix Niantic’s mistake and restore the wayspots. I can have the list finished by the end of the weekend if I have your word that the wayspots will actually be restored and I’m not putting in hours of work in vain.

Doing this would go a long way towards restoring my local community’s trust in Niantic which has been thoroughly destroyed.

7 Likes