Removal Rejection appeal: for Sawgrass Lake Inhabitants Guide on Jul 29, 2024

I have attempted several times to request the removal of an Ingress portal that was removed during the renovation of a local city park. I have also tried to at least get the portal back into a “safe” playable area, away from the alligator nests located in this park. All have failed thus far.
Portal Name: Sawgrass Lake Inhabitants Guide

I have attached two photos with telemetry info enabled. One is facing the where the alleged is claimed to be (which it was never on the far side of that canal, as there are NO man-made structures on that island. The portal was erroneously relocated at some point in the past (check portal location history) away from its original location.) The second photo shows a park “inhabitant” less than 25ft from where I had to stand to claim it…let’s call it danger close.

Please help in removing this portal or at least relocated it to the coordinates embedded in the photo so that players can access it without risking mortal danger by disturbing nesting american alligators.

Wow! This should be moved to Wayspot Appeals and you should attach a screenshot of a rejected removal report.

I am not clear as to why this portal would be unsafe if the others are safe? You may want to address that to help your appeal.

As to the location edit, how did you attempt that? If you use help chat on the help menu of the Wayfarer site to do the location edit, you can provide the geo tagged photos to them. I believe photos posted on the forum lose their location information, or at least I don’t know how to see it from here.

Moving the topic to Wayspot Appeals. Thank you @cyndiepooh!

1 Like

Moved as suggested

1 Like

Well, @Xenopus was faster than me :laughing:

2 Likes

Hahaha l’m sorry :laughing:

1 Like

@cyndiepooh I got company :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Thanks for the appeal, @2013Founder! We took another look at the Wayspot in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

Attached is one of the relocation rejection emails I have on this portal.

(attachments)

they have already decided this appeal.

The location edit was submitted via the scanner at the location, and the appeal is via the forum with the photos I attached which were geo tagged.

I am attaching the photos here again.

(attachments)

It was relocated from it’s original location to an area that has NO man made structures on it, not to mention the portal item was removed and replaced with other signage during the park renovation. How can I prove an item doesn’t exist? Do I have to get more players to also submit invalid portal requests? I have been playing in that park for 11 years and I know when a portal is not there.

If you will not remove the portal, then at least place it back into a safe, playable area. Using the geo tags of the photos in this thread would place it on the correct side of the canal and keep players safe from having to be on the water’s edge.

Mod Edit: Removed the inappropriate sentence.

Cyndiepooh, to which other portals are you questioning in their safety? At least the other portals can be reached thanks to the “player circle” without having to endager themselves. BTW, that picture is now not correct because the other portal that was mistakenly placed in the “unplayable area” has been relocated to it’s proper location.

I am just another explorer who tries to help on here. I tried to point out areas you would need to convince them about. Niantic has decided this appeal already.

yeah, I’ve been complaining about how they operate since 2018… They speak in one manner and act in another.
It’s a non-existent portal in an unsafe location. I will never risk my life again to claim that portal. Pretty sure I am the only one in 3 or 4 years to even attempt to claim it.

Hey @2013Founder , we need conclusive evidence suggesting that the object no longer exists or has never existed. Unfortunately, we could not determine that from the information shared by you.

Moreover, if you think that it is not safe to access this location, please do not make any attempts to do so.

1 Like

Please advise me on how I can provide you with indisputable proof that this portal no longer exists? I will be happy to comply.

A 360 degree video with coordinates visible should suffice.

Having said that, I want to reiterate, “Please do not make any attempts to access this location if you think it’s not safe to be there”.

1 Like

You understand that the portal is misplaced by more than 40m from where it used to be? The current location is not accessible. I will provide a video and some additional photos of the area tomorrow.

1 Like