Wrongly removed waypoint

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

• Wayspot Title: Mallemse Molen
  • Location (lat/lon): 52,12014° N, 6,63391° O
  • City:Eibergen
  • Additional Information (if any):

Good day,

I would like to have this waypoint checked. It has been wrongly removed.

The Mallemse Molen was commissioned by the municipality to brighten up the local electricity boxes and make the area more beautiful. You also see these types of portals all over the world. For example, these 2 (link):

these portals were removed and placed back because they had
been removed incorrectly. The fact that they have been placed back indicates that the Mallemse Molen also meets the criteria set by Wayfayer.

Pictures of the Mallemse Molen Waypoint:

Yours sincerely.

8 Likes

@NianticAaron this is happened to my HP to.
Pls look this one up and place it back pls.

2 Likes

There are lots of these nice portals, i see them every where in my town. There must be one line by Wayfarer. And when other portals came back after a appeal this one is for sure a nice one. I know Electric boxes in very bad shape, let remove them instead the nice ones.

2 Likes

This is clearly a valid Portal. An unique artwork on an electricity box like this should be aplauded.

3 Likes

Dit zijn waardige portals bij mijn weten. Je zie ze overal. Ik vind ze prachtig.

3 Likes

Nia should investigate the players who did this and send a warning to them.

7 Likes

Thera are manny of these portals in Nijverdal and Enschede. This portal is a legit portal. Please put it back online

3 Likes

Seems valid.
No need for removal

2 Likes

Still online Here

Could you please provide a video showing the object and its surrounding area? It should cover the 360 degree view of the surroundings.

2 Likes

How can I fix this, the video will not upload

1 Like

You can also upload to YouTube for example and link it here

1 Like

Even opletten het gaat niet om die portal van papacruzer maar om een andere de mallemse molen

1 Like

360 view in order for winnie

5 Likes

Thank you for your help, I don’t have YouTube :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Looks legit to me as well, so should be restored and I agree with Meliodas34 to send a warning to the submitter of such removal report.

4 Likes

Is there any evidence this was ‘commissioned by the municipality’?

Based on the video, it appears to be on the back of the cabinet where it cannot be seen easily. I would have expected if it were an official strategy to brighten up the community that it would be on the front where people can see it… Unless I am misunderstanding the pictures/video?

5 Likes

That video actually showed less of the surrounding area than the photos! Everyone who says this box is real is doing a very bad job of proving it. Take some wider-angle photos!

The GPS coordinates that @minime151082 provided seem to be in a building, but I can’t tell what kind of building, because StreetView hasn’t photographed the street. Is it a private residence?

@Tntnnbltn also has a point. Public art projects usually leave a record online, like an official website or news coverage. Is there any evidence that this isn’t agents faking public art to create home portals? Like maybe a box that isn’t in front of a residential building?

2 Likes

When you write “my HP,” so your mean “home portal?” You might be giving away the game there.

2 Likes

These are the right coordinates (52.1203719, 6.6344933) of the portal