Criteria Clarification Collection - Discussion

We hope that you find the criteria clarification collection helpful. We have intentionally locked the topics above discussing each section of criteria included to maintain them tidy for others to use as a resource.

17 Likes

I have only gotten to here reading this and want to give a standing ovation: Seating Benches

But what is the correct rejection reason to use for the generic memorial benches?

12 Likes

I had reacted with applause to this one, too, but then the last one confused me. Why aren’t directions eligible? Is this a street sign? If I were exploring a trail, this directional marker would be very helpful.

3 Likes

Clarification for generic neighborhood/apartment signs PLEASE

16 Likes

This particular batch of clarifications is only a rewording of older, existing clarifications that were lost with the forums move.

The way I handle neighborhood signs is going by criteria. They really don’t qualify under exploration, exercise or socialization.

3 Likes

This is not a directional sign for different trails, but a street sign showing the distance to various things around the town.

3 Likes

absolutely needed. the more we can link to a specific statement that these are not eligible, the more people we can get to not submit them.

1 Like

Your post on seating benches as an anchor doesn’t align with how Niantic staff are reviewing and whoever is doing the appeals

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/t/scenic-viewpoint-is-it-good-or-nah/8624/40?u=26thdoctor

12 Likes

I still struggle to see how that might be explicity ineligible unless it was more clear it’s intended for vehicular explanation.
Were that in a park or along a footpath, I’d be likely to submit and approve.

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s lonely being one of the few that doesn’t hate neighborhood signs.

I approve ones that I feel support urban exploration.

8 Likes

You may manage to convert me someday, who knows. I HATED seeing shopping plaza signs approved when that first came out, and I’ve been convinced that they’re ok. It’s all about that nuance, and desired saturation. We don’t approve McDonalds even though they are gathering places because they are so generic.

2 Likes

Nice work! Great to see progress being made on this.

These clarifications should help clear up a lot of the common causes of confusion and frustration.

Hope to see them included in the submission and reviewing processes soon too.

@NianticTintino Can you confirm that you understand exactly what those UK PROW markers actually are and represent, many of us believe these are something distinctly seperate to legitimate trail markers. Do you definitely want these accepted, or is there nuance and what is it? Please add this as official clarification.

2 Likes

I saw these posted and thought of you - you’ve only been practically begging since October for basic clarifications.

These are well-written, straightforward, and easy to discern.

1 Like

I planned on spending my evening reviewing Japanese nominations. Welp, I guess I’m reading Wayfarer clarifications all night now!

2 Likes

I’m liking having these clarifications here in one place. Very good idea and I hope it gets added to if other things should get clarified.

4 Likes

these are great! huge kudos to all involved in making them! hope there is lots more good work like this to come?

4 Likes

This going to make my life so much easier! I need to make sure all the reviewers see ASAP!

I have like 8-10 nominations I’m going to make this weekend!!

2 Likes

I would like to see a few more examples of things in each catagory that are :-1:. I think those can be more informational than the :+1: ones.

9 Likes

EMiLy loves those

5 Likes