Edits in Contribution Management Page - Discussion

It’s HERE :heart:

[Edit and it is gone again as of June 16]

1 Like

??
doesn’t apply to old edits ‘in voting’ still i guess.

New icons for each type: submission, title, desc., location & photo edits, appears in top left of thumbnail image in the contribution management list.

Please make the option to Withdraw edits/nominations which are already “In Voting” (and in some cases have been for years). That would be the most useful feature.

3 Likes

Yes, we released the new version with the refreshed contribution page including the icons for the types of contributions, fix of the orange banner for community decided ones and the ability to withdraw edits.

12 Likes

Amazing changes! I hope we’ll get more update notes when changes happen in the future so the community doesn’t have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the changes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is great to hear this! But it would be nice if we could withdraw edits that are in voting too, specially for those that have been in voting for +3 years and they don’t exist nowadays or for those edits that, due to a known bug, they are submitted duplicated and you can have 3 or 4 times the same edit :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Had to edit my post thanking you for adding this ability, since it was removed again June 16 :woman_facepalming:

I am hoping this was so that the team can add the ability to withdraw “in voting” edits as well as “in queue” ones.

1 Like

We unfortunately has to roll back during the weekend. We will update the main thread as soon as our engineering team has found and fix the issue.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the response and the general announcement!

Thank you for the update!

It’s BAAACK! :heart:

7 Likes

I now have an old “in voting” edit gone into “in niantic voting”. It’s for a wayspot that was removed. I reported it’s removal on the old forum.

Good! Maybe they’ll dispense with it and get it off your list.

I hope so. I try to alert them in chat that there’s nothing to review there.

Can we have a default filter we can choose. I would prefer to see just my nominations now pop up.

And a withdraw feature. Love to have a withdraw for nominations, appeals, edits…

Have to say now seeing all the edits I made. Am a bit annoyed. Because I never saw any changes to description or to photos or position and I had no idea where the edit had gone. I made another one. Now I see I really helped clog the system up. Sheesh sorry to everyone who had to see them

I’m not sure if anyone would like this but I think it would be useful/interesting and (hopefully) not too much effort on the coding end to add in a simple counter of total contributions and then how many there are once filters are applied - I’ve attached screenshots below to show roughly what I mean… Would be interested to hear if anyone else would like something like this.

Showing total number:

Showing updated number when filtering:

Showing updated number once filtered:

Obviously just an idea but wondered if anyone else may find it interesting/useful.

1 Like

That’s an amazing idea. I’d love to see something like that.

I bet the people who made this website would be interested in hearing your idea at least:

1 Like

That is an excellent idea.
I have no idea how many submitted etc and combining with filters is a nice combination.

I think it could also be very useful to have a filter for “Can Be Upgraded” as it’s sometimes quite difficult to find appealable nominations even within the “Not Accepted” category (for example if a nomination was previously appealed and still not accepted, so cannot be appealed again). I don’t know if people may find that helpful as well? The caveat for this is of course that it would show the same list whether or not you currently have an appeal available.

1 Like

If you’re able to recommend it to the team at all @elijustrying please do feel free!