Found some duplicates

I found some duplicates i’d like to report here cause when I tried doing it via the Help Chat in the wayfarer page they said:
Screenshot 2024-05-07 022351

So I decided to come here to expose the case cause it’s 3 POIs that are duplicated:

• Wayspot Title: San Vicente de Paul
  • Location (lat/lon): -33.522726,-70.59769
  • City: Santiago
  • Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information): Posted above
  • Additional Information (if any): This wayspot is a duplicate of Parroquia San Vicente De Paul

• Wayspot Title: Mini Tobogán
  • Location (lat/lon): -33.522678,-70.597839
  • Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information): Posted above
  • Additional Information (if any): This one is a duplicate of Juegos infantiles paradero 14 as the wayspot photo is a frame inside that playground, also this Juegos infantiles paradero 14 is misplaced and its right place is where Mini Tobogán is located (should Resbalin para niños also be considered a duplicate since it is so close to Juegos Infantiles paradero 14? this one is also misplaced, its real location is at -33.522626631896586, -70.5976113835733)

• Wayspot Title: Vicente Valdes
  • Location (lat/lon): -33.526265,-70.596602
  • Additional Information (if any): This one is a duplicate of Metro Vicente Valdés as the wayspot photo shows, it is a picture of the subway station’s name, here’s proof of how the stations look inside, in the left of the photo you can see what I’m saying.

By the way I would also like to report a wayspot that has no safe pedestrian access in the same zone, I got the same response in the help chat.

• Wayspot Title: madre de aves
  • Location (lat/lon): -33.525345,-70.597325
  • Additional Information (if any): This one is located in between two busy roads and has no safe pedestrian access to it

Hi @VictoriousDant
To request a wayspot remove you can use the link on the head of this forum.
It could be, that they ask you some property owner stuff, but that is only a bad wording and works at all.

I believe the link help chat told you to use is the link that is available at the top here:

I hate that it is called the “property owner” form, but it does get results. You get an automated email asking for proof you are the property owner even if you filled out that you are not, but just ignore that automated reply and wait for the next response.

If the misplacement is far enough that it appears to be abuse, you may want to use the abuse form at the top instead of the removal form.

That said, I am interested in whether Niantic will address this for you here. They have not addressed my rejected report I posted: Rejected duplicate report: Native American Mural One

When did they start using that form? Until last week I was reporting wayspots via help chat and they were accepting the requests. I even started a thread last week in here and some wayspots got removed because of that post.

Does anybody know why they changed it?

Years ago. You can do this through several routes but technically the help chat options are mostly to report abuse, which is not necessarily the case of every duplicate (if they are abusive duplicates that’s another story). So occasionally help chat will refuse to do this if there is no evidence of abuse, especially lately, as it did with you above, and send you to the form linked above instead. I hope this helps clarify the difference a little :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When help chat first went live, I reported everything there and it was wonderful. Then they started sending a link to the property owner form instead of handling things. So i posted on the old forum about it and was actually told by Niantic that different systems do different things for “timely redressal,” so I stopped asking help chat when something needed to be removed.

My post was titled " Does Help Chat just copy/paste the link to the removal form now?" and the reply was dated in July of 2023. I can’t bring up the full response any longer, but that part shows in the preview. And Aaron went on to say the property owner form can be used by non property owners.

1 Like

To be honest it sucks that they are sending us to that form cause it doesn’t even have the option to report a duplicate which makes it even more difficult to send clear information.

Why are they asking for the postal code?
On the type of location none of the options works for what I want to report.
On the reason for the removal request there’s no “duplicate” option.

They definitely need to update or improve that form to be more inclusive with the reports cause right now it looks like it was meant to be used for something else and not for what I need it in this case.

@seaprincesshnb was able to help me fill it out. tagging her to help.

1 Like

I completely agree and yet this is what help chat told you to use. I would absolutely encourage the community to talk on here about their interest in simplifying and streamlining invalid wayspot removal requests, including through this form.
Regarding the exact issue, make sure you explain very clearly in the text field what this is about, and then the lack of an appropriate drop-down option shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Regarding how to get the postcode and other info, I also agree this is superfluous but this is a form aimed to include people that could have no idea about Niantic games or wayspots or their titles or coordinates (I would strongly encourage filling the title and coordinate fields even though they are optional) but still need a way to provide a precise location. It will probably be fine with just the coordinates but you still have to put something in those fields. Just in case (or for anyone encountering this in the future), the easiest way to get a street address is to copypaste your coordinates into Google Maps and copy the resulting first row as on this random example and then fill the corresponding fields with it, or if your location is remote and doesn’t have a street address you could use the Plus Code below the street address in my example. If there are some fields that don’t apply (like there is no house number in my example below, or if your country doesn’t really have states) you can put something like N/A (not applicable). Do not worry if you get sent an automated message about being the property owner at first, someone will later address your ticket anyway. I hope this helps a little with navigating the form.

5 Likes

Thanks for the appeal @VictoriousDant After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to retire the Wayspots in question.