How to provide additional evidence for Wayspot Removal

When making a submission to have a wayspot removed is there a way to provide additional evidence?

Or does the submission need to be denied first before you can make an appeal with additional evidence?

@seaprincesshnb told me she normally uses the form linked at the top here for Wayspot Removals instead of in game reporting. If you use it, you will get an automated email requesting proof that you are the property owner, but ignore that one.

Found the link where we had this conversation, but tagged her here in case you have any questions about using it: Invalid Wayspot - Old Glory Statue - #2 by seaprincesshnb

3 Likes

That didn’t go so well for me.

They flat out refused without prof that I was the owner.
I provided evidence of the lack of public access but they weren’t interested.

When you say lack of public access note that wayspots don’t have to be accessible to all the public - sites with access restricted to residents or employees are still valid.

1 Like

That wasn’t how I interpreted the acceptance criteria.

Nominations and edit submissions must meet all of the following acceptance criteria:

• Must meet at least one of the three eligibility criteria*
  •    A great place for exploration*

•    A great place for exercise*

•    A great place to be social with others*

• Must be a permanent physical, tangible, and identifiable place or object, or object that placemarks an area*
  • Must be safe and publicly accessible by pedestrians (indoor or outdoor)*
  • Must contain accurate information in the title, description, and photo*

Yes, that means that people need to be able to safely access it on foot (hence pedestrians). It doesn’t mean all people need to have access to it, nor does it mean it needs to be accessible 24/7. So long as some people have access some of the time, and it’s not in violation of the rejection criteria, then it’s allowed.

2 Likes