Invalid Wayspot - Mosque

• Wayspot Title: Mosque

• Location (lat/lon): Ingress Intel Map / 34.201657,-118.525797

• City: Los Angeles, CA

• Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):

• Additional Information (if any):

This place is not a mosque, or not just a mosque. This is MTO Shahmaghsoudi - School of Islamic Sufism, an international non-profit organization that also has Persian language courses for kids and adults. While they don’t list their address for some reason, you can see the location on their website:

I passed this place a few times in the past, but never had time to stop and explore. When I passed by it recently, I saw another wayspot - Maktab Tarighat Oveyssi Shahmaghsoudi. This wayspot actually has proper title and description about this POI instead of a generic “mosque”:

Even though one wayspot is for the sign of the organization and the other is for the building of the organization, it’s still for the same place - for example, a lot of churches in my area don’t have signs on them, but have signs for them close to church buildings. Considering these two wayspots are for the same POI, one of them has to go.

While Mosque wayspot was created first, the new MTO Shahmaghsoudi wayspot is much better. This is why I suggest removing the wayspot in question.

Another concern for both wayspots is this: Because they provide courses for both kids and adults, I wonder if they would fall under “School (up to K-12)” category, meaning both need to be removed. I will let you decide this part - I only reported Mosque wayspot as duplicate and did not report MTO Shahmaghsoudi.

Thanks for the appeal, Explorer. This Wayspot does not meet our criteria for removal.

1 Like

@NianticAaron Does it mean it’s OK to nominate a sign for a religious building and the religious building itself?

Can I rename this mosque (which is not a mosque) to Maktab Tarighat Oveyssi Shahmaghsoudi (which is what it is) without being threatened with bans and stuff?