Joyce Plaza 1

Hey guys/gals this is my first time posting here so, I apologize if this is the wrong section but, I’m trying to get some help understanding all my rejected Poke Stops. I did resubmit another this morning (the named topic) and changed the name, pictures, and description slightly. So, the area is a big open Plaza with two easy points of access off main roads so it’s VERY safe. The Plaza has food areas, salons, and a large party store (the only one in town), and lots of area to explore, walk, and park. I’ve tried using the Plaza sign, one of the restaurants, and the party store but, no matter what I do in my submission it’s rejected every single time.

I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone was able to see my submission and possibly tell me why it will or will not be considered? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum @DVGx87!
I’m moving this topic to Nomination Support as it would be more accurate ^^
Maybe you can share all your nomination so folks would be able to help you more (photo, title, description, supporting photo and supporting info)!

Go on your contribution management page and cut and paste the whole rejected submission and we can help more!

Click on those individual ones, and post the cut and paste.

Title + Descript + Main Photo + Supporting Reason + Supporting Photo.

This is the main one I’m concerned about since it’s my current and only active submission. (And thank you for the help and getting back so fast with your response)

I’m not an expert about this type of plazas as we don’t have them in my country. Some folks will be able to give you better suggestions but, from my part, I would recommend you to explain in the description why is a good place to socialize/explore, maybe focusing in the type of businesses/restaurants that are there. About the title I don’t know if the number 1 is part of the official name of the plaza or not. If is not then I would remove it from the title. And to end, in the supporting info I would avoid any reference to a game (in this case PoGo). It is not necessary to include it and some people really don’t like them. You can just remove it and maybe include any other information that could explain why this plaza is a really good place to go, maybe sharing a link with a new talking about it for example.

These are difficult to get accepted. Here is the clarification:

Pay special attention to “The supporting text should demonstrate why these are great places to be social and not just to conduct business.”

I am not sure why you named it #1. Typically one sign will represent the plaza.

Your description pretty much just says people go here to shop. Why is this important to the community? Maybe mention the restaurants here, and if there is other cool stuff to do.

I know the prompt asks why would this be a good pokestop, but you should really be saying why this would be a great Wayspot and not mention Pokemon Go at all. Parking, foot traffic, and a need for Pokemon Go locations do not address how this nomination meets criteria as a great place for exercise, exploration, or being social. We have been asking them to change this confusing prompt for years.

Thank you so much for the clarification on this! That helps a ton. Once I get a chance I’ll do a little more research on the shops and restaurants in the plaza and try again with some huge changes to title/description and wording! Do you think the two picture provided are okay or should I try to get a different supporting image?

Ideally your supporting photo should include the thing you are nominating, just from further back so that it gives more context.

I have not tried to look up this location yet but it looks to me like you need to prove safe pedestrian access with your supporting photo.

For the previous times you submitted this that were rejected, what were the rejection reasons? you will see those on the old nominations where this one says “in queue”

oh i found the sign

this is in a median, admittedly a parking lot median, but still going to be a tough sell that this has “safe pedestrian access”

I would submit the Jazzercise and Orange Theory exercise places and the church if all these labels are correct

And the Fuzzy’s Tacos i was going to suggest before i found out it was a chain might have some art you can submit.

2 Likes

Thank you SO very much for this!

It’s been different almost every time. Mostly talking about being unsafe and the other times talking about criteria.

let us know! when you get the hang of what will get accepted, it gets easier. we can look for more for you to try later!

1 Like

Oh a word about those chain gyms. The community may reject them over confusion about the “Generic Business” reason, but Niantic has accepted every one I have submitted. They most definitely meet the criteria of a great place to exercise!

1 Like

A plaza sign might have a better chance with an appeal than with the community especially if you put the link cyndiepooh gave in your reason for appeal.

I am not as sure, if there is a crosswalk there from your photo. So you definitely need that for the safe access requirement

1 Like