Lamp Art, Nature Preserve and Park Rejection Advice

Hiya

This is my first time posting about this, but I wanted to check why some of these stops were rejected and what I could/should do differently. These are three nominations that were rejected that I don’t see why.

The lamp was rejected by bot/staff, I appealed and they stayed with it. The other two I think were auto-rejected by the bot, but again I have no idea why?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Wayspot Submission for Star-Sculpture Streetlight

England

NOT ACCEPTED

2024-04-13

Niantic Note

Thanks for the appeal, Explorer! The object in question does not meet the Wayfarer criteria as it is a normal decorative item which has no significance. If this assessment is not accurate, please resubmit the nomination with additional context. We recommend you review the Wayspot Criteria before submitting your next Wayspot contribution: Wayfarer — Niantic Technical Support and Help Center

Rejection Criteria

Generic Business

Wayfarer criteria

Description

A unique sculpture street-lamp of a many-pointed star high up on the corner of Hart Street and Great Clarendon Street. Is lit up during the Christmas season to symbolise the Star of Bethlehem. A unique community art instillation put up in late 2023. The Jericho neighbourhood has a strong community identity, with a history in the arts, with this sculpture one of several art pieces in the area.

59 Hart St, Oxford OX2 6BN, UK

Supplemental Information

This is a new and prominent piece of street art in the area! The jericho neighbourhood has a thriving arts sector and a strongly engaged local community, that has put several different art pieces and sculptures up over the past year, and i believe these should be highlighted and appreciated!

Wayspot Submission for Quad Rewilding Zone

APPEAL

England

NOT ACCEPTED

2024-04-14

Rejection Criteria

Wayfarer criteria

Description

Introduced in 2022 as part of collegic environmental efforts, the once immaculately kept grasses of the St Anne’s quad (short for quadrangle) grow wild with native grasses and wildflowers, in an effort to increase biodiversity.

5 Bevington Rd, Oxford OX2 6NB, UK

Supplemental Information

On the St Annes Oxford Campus, part of oxford university - the college is free to visit and walk around for all during daylight hours. Many other pokestops also on campus. The rewilding zone is the bit with the taller, uncut grass in the second photo, or the bit with the flowers in the first. This is a really beautiful zone, but also unique - very few colleges allow this kind of biodviersity, with most keeping grass pristine and ecologically sterile. Hence, I think the potential of this programme should be highlighted!

Wayspot Submission for Spire’s Ash Park

APPEAL

Headcorn England

NOT ACCEPTED

2024-04-25

Rejection Criteria

Wayfarer criteria

Description

A local park with benches, a large pond with ducks and wildlife, and green space to relax in. Named after its prominent Ash tree, a vital local and threatened species

4 Hyde’s Orchard, Headcorn, Ashford TN27 9UE, UK

Supplemental Information

Very few pokestops in the area! This is a small park but important to the local community as a social and green space

You were given the wrong reason for the star, but the rejection is correct. That star is seasonal, therefore it is not eligible. A POI needs to be permanent.

The 2 others are natural elements. Those are extremely difficult to get accepted, and really should only be attempted by experienced Wayfinders.

Ah ok! The star is a permanent feature year round, perhaps the description doesn’t make that clear enough? Any idea why i was given that reason though?

That line tells me this is seasonal.

Otherwise, can you tell me what criteira it fits?

For the lamp/star if you don’t get rejected for seasonal you’ll most likely get rejected for private property.

For the two open green spaces you really have to put in the effort to prove that they are more than just a lawn or a bit of a field.

Any links help. Are they marked on maps in any way?

If you look at the photos on maps you can see how you could make yours look a bit better

I couldn’t find much extra info on it unfortunately

https://headcornpc.org/town-history/

On a slight digression that site have placed their accessibility feature button right on top of their drop down menu which is really annoying :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

thanks so much for both of these replies! super helpful. i’ll try to do some better photos with the park then. with the lamp, surely that applies to a lot of stops? like plaques and so on.

If they are on single family PRP, yes.