Ratings making me sad - they have dropped because of the challenge

If i do 1 review I drop to fair, then go back to good again

Im clearly right on the border :laughing:

Doesnt help there are so many edits -I think we decided they dont count as much?

I have not done many reviews but the handful I’ve done have made me drop to fair every time, then go back to good a while later

Did you look right now?

Omg omg yeah - back to great!!!
Does that mean its fixed?!

6 Likes

Not sure.
But wonder happens

1 Like

Thats good - fair - great during today with maybe, less than 5 reviews :laughing:

The goal is the goal :sweat_smile:

Guess I can finally do some proper reviews now!!!

1 Like

I have returned to great :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Update!

1 Like

Mine dropped a few weeks before the challenge, but I thought at the time maybe I’d just been doing too many at once (I went from Good to Fair).

I went back up to Good just after the challenge finished.

In the last few hours, I’ve gone up to Great, having not done any reviewing for a few weeks (been too busy at work sadly). So I assume that they have “fixed” my account now.

I suspect for a lot, it would take a huge number of reviews before the rating dropped - hence them not noticing til the challenge.

1 Like

Oops. I guess I’m genuinely not doing well then. Rating = Fair after all the ratings have been restored :smiley::disappointed:

1 Like

I am back to what it was before the challenge.

2 Likes

I’m glad youre up to great now! From all of your comments I’ve seen, you know what you’re doing :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! That’s very kind of you to say. I saw your rating was back to great as - really pleased it’s all been sorted now. You most definitely know what you are doing!

1 Like

Well, I’m still on fair where it dropped from great during the event. Can’t be that my reviews were so off the mark, after reading through all the changes to POI ratings and for example memorial benches. Oh well, happy that they addressed this - maybe it doesn’t drop any further. Haven’t dared to do any more reviews, but probably have to try now. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread, and the ambassador(s)!

1 Like

Would definitely try some more reviews, just a few per day, and if youre unsure you can skip

That should help your rating recover

I do think we likely got some disagreements especially in the US part of the challenge because clearly benches and graveyards are popular submissions and thought to be quite acceptable by many who dont follow the forums, where here we know they are unlikely to be good candidates and we’d have rejected quite a number of them which might have put us at odds with the other voters

2 Likes

I have done some random reviews lately - very few tbh - and my rating is now good. So it’s recovering slowly. Thank you all for following up on this and solving the issue.

1 Like

My rating drastically dropped to poor several months ago and doesn’t improve whatever I do. I don’t know what Niantic is trying to achieve with this, I’m catastrofically demotivated.

And the new voting system is pretty awful, I liked previous with stars better.

2 Likes

my rating dropped to good. I think I will stop reviewing now.

3 Likes