Upgraded nominations stuck for weeks

I have two upgraded nominations stuck for more than 3 weeks after upgrading those, one in voting (the one in voting was in voting before upgrading it) and one in queue.

@NianticAaron said the nominations are working as spected from 1 week ago, but their status hasn’t changed.
@Seaprincesshnb, @Elijustrying can you kindly help me reporting or solving this issue?

Here are the screenshots and the coordinates:
(PoGo ingame name: RiverDeathstarr)

MiBici Estación Belén: 20690027 , -103344966
Manzana M10: 20702217 , -103335933

Thanks in advance.
River.

Hello @RiverDeathstarr
We can try.

Your nominations are assigned to the correct queue and have the right visibility. Please be patient and you should have a decision soon.

Well, almost every time the community has addressed upgrades not working, staff has gaslighted the issue and only admitted it to Ambassadors while adding that amends won’t be made.

Censorship and ignoring a community expectation does not help.

3 Likes

I would need context here.

Upgrades allow you to fast-track Wayspots you’ve nominated by having them reviewed by a larger number of reviewers meaning the nomination will reach a decision faster than it would if not Upgraded.

Several times in years past, upgrades have become blocked or bugged or new implementations on the backend have caused issues. Community reports these issue and publicly moderators say there is no issue, despite the community (the users of upgrades) who have weekly/daily experience with how they work and know immediately if there’s an issue).

In some of the these cases, the gaslight continues to Ambassadors first, there is no issue. Then maybe there is. Then oops there was an issue but we aren’t going to do anything to reimburse the community.

Reviewing is free labor and our expectation is an upgrade, which is increasingly useless with ML. When upgrades take longer than community expectations, it needs to be taken seriously.

1 Like

They are taken seriously. We did have a check before making a comment. Infact, turn around time for Upgraded nominations is at all time low.

1 Like

By the way, several years ago a major issue was reported by me.

At one time, I had 18 nominations upgraded, each over a week. First, (Niantic)Casey denied the issue. Then reported it. Then reported it as fully resolved despite mine still all being in review. This was not right. Casey also claimed it was fixed on the backend with assurances that it wouldn’t happen, again. It’s happened several times since.

1 Like

I’m so sorry but based on experience past I think we’ll have to have a differing opinion, and as I noted the censorship before doesn’t help and only encouraged the user to make a Reddit post.

I’ll have to take your word as I don’t get this access. I do believe you looked but I don’t think that gives full context.

This is news and I’m thankful you shared and actually reassures the OP and would have been helpful at the start.

2 Likes

I think maybe a bit of clarification is needed, when we (the end users) use our upgrades typically it takes mere minutes to enter voting, and just a few days to be resolved. I personally have used 300+ upgrades and I think the longest I ever waited was 3 days for resolve.

I would think that other end users have similar experiences. The OP is wondering why it’s been 3 weeks now and it hasn’t even moved into voting. This is strange behavior to us, the end users.

So it is an issue. Is there something keeping it from entering voting? Have you (Niantic) changed the priority level of upgraded nominations to fall behind a nomination already in voting?

I think what @Gendgi is saying is that when you reply with “everything is fine” that isn’t giving enough information and just frustrates the submitter. When the process works 99% of the time one way the 1% that doesn’t work as expected stands out like a sore thumb. 3 weeks in queue after upgrading is way out of normal operation.

2 Likes

I think maybe a bit of clarification is needed, when we (the end users) use our upgrades typically it takes mere minutes to enter voting, and just a few days to be resolved. I personally

This had been my experience, too, when I had to use upgrades before ML accepts were a thing, but I only have a US view. The previous explanation for these more recent ones had been not enough reviewers in the areas where the upgrades are stalled. Is that not correct?