Why do all of my nominations get rejected?

I’ve submitted several pokestops, and within a day or 2 every single one gets rejected. None have included details as to ‘why’, but give me the option to basically re-submit them after making changes, etc? I was so eager to reach a level that would allow me to nominate stops in my area, but now I’m just feeling defeated. Can anyone help me figure out the issue, especially as I’m sick of driving around and wasting my time only to get the same result :unamused:

I posted a few of the nominations in question if it helps?

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Glad you have found us and sorry you are frustrated.

What you have posted are mostly generic businesses. That is a rejection reason on its own. A Wayspot must meet one of the three acceptance criteria

• A great place for exploration
  • A great place for exercise
  • A great place to be social with others

That said, I think that the Military Avenue sign might be auto accepted by the ML (machine learning ai) model if you can get a photo without the glare with less background in it. Make it really easy for the bot to detect what you have submitted. You did make an effort to show why this meets criteria here, but I would suggest putting more about the area in the description, especially about the parks! I don’t know many shopping areas with parks.

With a gas station, I just don’t see how this meets criteria. Again, you did make an effort to explain why it was a destination, so good job on that.

With the time and temp sign, you submitted it as the dermatology business. Again, I can’t see how this meets criteria. I might try to resubmit that sign as displaying the time and temp under exploration criteria, but that still is a maybe.

Hopefully we can help you have some success.

6 Likes

To be honest, I would probably put these all aside as ‘general business’. :-(. Nothing personal,but business centers and gas stations are not exactly suitable Wayports imho. You don’t go there to enjoy the view, sit down and rest a bit or meet other people. They may be convenient on the way, but not very nice spots in and off themselves.

2 Likes

Sharing your perspective is fair. I hope you at least consider a well done nomination for a shopping plaza as per this clarification:

I agree that I rarely see one well done enough to approve in voting, but I partially credit that to ML automatically accepting the best ones. Mine have been.

4 Likes