Global Reviewer Challenge - Race Around the World! - Discussion

Hello Explorers,

Start packing your bags and freshen up on your piloting skills. The Wayfarer Team invites you to join us on a virtual race around the globe via our first Wayfarer Challenge of the year! This challenge will take place starting May 15, 2024 at 1:00pm PDT through May 22, 2024 at 1:00pm PDT. We will be taking off from Japan, making our first stop to refuel in the USA, and then making a final stop in Germany to fuel up before the final stretch back to Japan! How did we pick these challenges’ locations? Well before we share that, the Ambassadors and the Wayfarer Team are excited to share that for the first time ever, our Wayfarer Challenge will include…… EDITS! I’m sure you can guess it now, Japan, USA, and Germany are the countries with the largest edit backlogs in the world. We can’t wait to have our Wayfarer Community take on the edit backlogs of these countries.

Being that this challenge will be the first time we have edits as part of the experience, we’ll be mixing up the edits with nominations to assist in reaching the tiered reward goals and test out how our community reacts to many more edits in reviews than usual.

More details about in-game and Wayfarer rewards will be posted at the start of the challenge.

67 Likes

Cool, I can’t wait to deny all those Sportball #1, Sportball#2, Sportball #3, Sportball #78 edits.

20 Likes

If i opt in challenge, i dont want to earn the opr live badge… Just want onyx recon badge…

2 Likes

I can’t wait for all the location edits trying to move wayspots into free cells :heart_eyes:
Jokes apart, I expect we all have at least fun and no errors or bugs during the Challenge :no_mouth:

PS: I won’t try to be inside the Top 10 Global reviewers, too many things to do these weeks :frowning:

7 Likes

dude imagine the numbers from people this time, depending on the length we could see thousands of reviews from some people. As edits can be quick to review. I wonder if we get photo edits as well

2 Likes

I am nervous about edits tweaking wording in a language I don’t understand. I hope we will get unlimited skips.

24 Likes

I bet we will see a few Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints edits, where visitors are always welcome.

19 Likes

you might even find a new twist on an old favorite!

1 Like

Are you making this post and not providing dates for this?

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll post that at the start of the challenge.

2 Likes

Is it not customary to provide a start date when announcing the challenge?

4 Likes

Is now present on the first message!

1 Like

Thanks to the Ambassadors who got that corrected. Way to be on top of things!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a little scared of title/description edits in a language I don’t speak, and knowing that online translators don’t always know proper grammar. There are many words in Japanese that, depending on the kana/kanji used, may mean different things, but could translate to the same word in another language.

Might be a good idea to have a few different translators on stand-by for this one!

8 Likes

@Tintino001 Cough I think you meant May 15, 2024

6 Likes

Fixed :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait for those cooldowns…:expressionless:

4 Likes

Speak for yourself!

Those edits are the singular reason for USA’s edit backlog :pensive:

1 Like

You already get unlimited skips with edits. Just say “none of the above” or “unable to find the correct location”

4 Likes