What did I do wrong?

I got all the advice from everyone here which helped a lot. i think its a bit random and Emily is shit at her job and should be fired. Udentical post one approved one rejected and the fact they dont say why is the worst.
Also why would the nomination go right into voting whats that all about?

2 Likes

Wayspot Submission for Mango Ice Cream Shop

Tirana Tirana County

Not Accepted

2024-07-27

Rejection Criteria

Wayfarer criteria

Description

One of the best ice cream shops in the city

8RHF+643, Tirana, Albania

Supplemental Information

a long.time establishment loved by the comunity and enjoyed by turists as well. serving ice cream on the same.spot since 1993

Wayspot Submission for Nonda Bulku Home

Tirana Tirana County

Not Accepted

2024-07-26

Rejection Criteria

Wayfarer criteria

Description

The chilhood home of renoun Albanian writer Nonda Bulku

Rruga e Durrësit 2, Tirana, Albania

Supplemental Information

Childhood home.of renound writer

Wayspot Submission for Center city Park

Tirana Tirana County

Not Accepted

2024-07-26

Rejection Criteria

Wayfarer criteria

Description

A small park located next to the main town square

Rruga e Dibrës 8, Tirana, Albania

Supplemental Information

A small park and a green oasis right in the middle of the city

With this one, it might be quite an easy win! If you try again with a really good clear shot of the plaque as your main image - ie 80% of the picture is full of the plaque, I think the ML might like it. It tends to like plaques.

Your current main image can work as the supporting picture

6 Likes

With this one, see if its possible to get a new picture during the daytime with the shutters up, but without people in - I know that can be very difficult!

If not, then try to focus on the sign during the main image, and try not to show the closed shutters or people in the main image. ML and human reviewers alike tend not to like business with the shutters closed.

5 Likes

With this one, it’s a dark and quite blurry picture

During the day it would immediately look better. However, parks without signs are notoriously hard to get approved despite the criteria not requiring a sign.

This one might be harder, but parks are eligible so keep trying. If you can find a sign, a bench, something man made to “anchor” the park ie put into the main image, that can help

4 Likes

I would add too for the ice cream shop that some of the supplemental information could be used in the main description. It doesn’t have to be super long or intricate, but you can add a bit more to emphasize the shop’s importance to the community without relying on opinion alone. Something like this:

Mango Ice Cream has been refreshing locals and tourists alike with handmade ice cream since 1993.

If there’s a specialty flavor or dessert they serve, you could add something about that. If it’s a late night hotspot or recommended in a tourist guide, you could add that. If they have a website or Facebook page you could include a link in the supporting information section.

4 Likes

during the day and untill 12 pm it is packed outside, thats a 4 am shot there. great tips however thnx.

2 Likes

Yeah I realise its super hard to get pictures of popular places without people

So maybe try the sign, and then for supporting having people is okay

You guys know how the upgrades work? i upgraded a nomination yesterday still say in queue?

Sometimes upgrades can take a little while to trigger something into voting, but it should go into voting soon.

Just an fyi - since ML (the machine learning ai Niantic uses) typically picks up something it is going to accept or reject around 24 hours after submitting, I recommend waiting at least that long before applying an upgrade. Usually I will wait three days. It the bot is going to accept or reject it, I didn’t need to use an upgrade on it. There are no promises that it won’t pick it up after that, but it is less common.

1 Like

Did you choose “Upgrade Next”, or “Upgrade”?

For “Upgrade Next”, it’ll automatically apply the next upgrade you earn to this one. It is not actually upgraded yet.

You can set a Setting switch to NOT automatically apply upgrades are you earn them, so you’ll have more control.

I chose Upgrade on a two week old submition. How long do they usualy keep submitions in queue?

There is no “usual”. Hours, days, weeks - depends if Niantic is testing something, if its queuing has a bug, how many volunteers are reviewing today, and more.

Weeks? as in plural? thats quite gooooood to hear… gotta love Niantic

Queues and voting times depend on community review activity. The less other nominations are in queue + more community reviewers, the faster yours can reach an agreement.

1 Like

anyone here wana help out you can put your second location as tirana. we have very few voters and usually in the balkans we dont get along with neighbors much so theres a lot of voting down going on just out of spite.

1 Like

Sorry, I would love to help but I have set my bonus to Morocco since they have issues with low numbers of reviewers too