Accept a cemetery - Do not enter

I think I just got 3/4 of those exact noms you have listed before hopping on here to see if anyone else was getting a mad influx of cemeteries, war memorials, and memorial benches :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What is the usual opinion about graveyards and voting? Is it okay to accept it if it’s a public graveyard? Or is the location sensitive? It sounds like sensitive location but there are so many graveyard nominations that i’m starting to question it :sweat_smile:

I would generally decline the cemetery/graveyard. Things in or around it depend on in the individual submission.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/t/cemeteries-other-sensitive-locations/12482

1 Like

I’ve seen lots of cemetery nominations, and rejected the vast majority. The ones I have accepted were submissions that prove that the cemetery was currently unused, had unique historical value as, say, a tourist destination, and that the cemetery itself qualified under the Explore category. These submissions were well-worded and well-researched, each truly showing how the location itself met acceptance criteria.

6 Likes

Thank you a lot, i’ve skipped a lot of them not being sure what to do.

It’s probably rare to find many like @Shilfiell says.

Most of mine are like this

Those are pretty easy rejects if you don’t want to skip.

2 Likes

I’ve recently had these as well.

A huge spate of cemeteries and memorial benches where I can’t tell who the person is (if the submitter even bothers to include a name).

Yup, cemeteries have lessened for me, but now I am getting a flood of memorial benches. 90% of which are exact duplicates :unamused:. At least those are easy submits.

1 Like

Oh yeah…a lot of the memorial benches are BAD. If I can’t see the part that actually mentions who is memorialized, DENIED. I got a couple laughable ones too. Someone put a “memorial plate” at the base of a tree in their front yard. Another nom was a “memorial bench” (with no actual memorial inscription of any kind, it was just a generic concrete garden bench) in someone’s backyard. And another one was a collection of lawn gnomes and small random statuettes in a front yard that was listed as a “war memorial” :rofl:. I almost spit up my coffee on that one.

4 Likes

I’m sorry I mentioned them :worried:

never mention the cemeteries, or they’ll hunt you.
this topic title should come with a warning to not enter or you’ll get many cemeteries and benches as submission :rofl:

I also had that last picture of you today, I rejected.

Oh boy I had that one too , I skip some of them not historical - I really don’t know what to do !

Ummmmmm…

Potential winner or is this one I’m not supposed to accept?

John Tipton

1 Like

Oohhh I had the gnome thing too. Wierd!

No more cemeteries or memorial benches for me. I’ll wait until Germany is on and get a few more.

1 Like

The community number seems a bit low? I know there was a day or so when nobody could review but it still seems less than other challenges. Unless the memory cheats?

1 Like

Maybe a little lower but I think we should still easily pass the final community tier.

Not if you stop at 500 :kissing_heart:

It’s okay. I’ll get to 550 when we change to Germany. That should do it.