Ratings making me sad - they have dropped because of the challenge

Yes, clearly I’m now miles from “great” which is why Ive felt so frustrated

I really want to see the extended stats but its too technical and I dont want to mess with my phone with new installs

I understand, that for you, as an experienced wayfarer, the “downgrading to good” feels like a slap. But what is about all the new wayfinder, who starts at good and stay there for while? Or dropping one or two steps while getting more feeling for the whole review process?*
When all this wayfarer read how frustrating it is to only be good. What does this make to them?

• funfact: the first few days I thought “will this test never end?” While I’m already doing reviews in reality

I think when you are newer, your rating will be more volatile, but also changes back more quickly.

Ive been steadily at great for several years, so it’s a huge blow

I think edit agreements DO count on the PoGo badge. But not on Niantic Wayfarer

1 Like

Definition: Edits = name, title, location, or photo change.
If multiples are presented at the same time, and you are in agreement with at least one edit, but not with all edits… I dunno if you get an agreement or not.
If you are presented with three things being edited, and agree on them all, I don’t know if you get 1 agreement or 3.
This is probably why Niantic doesn’t like giving credit for them!

3 Likes

For me in Android

Install Firefox Nightly from the play store. Other browsers might work but that was the only one I could use on mobile.

Install Tampermonkey from the Firefox extensions menu.

Open Wayfarer Tools page in Firefox, click on the extension you want.

That makes sense as to why the PoGo badge is always higher

Oh yikes… my phone already annoys me intensely with having 2 browsers, I don’t want a 3rd

It’s a lotta missed upgrades too.

Yeah indeed!! So many hours of effort wasted too, both during the challenge, and then after to try to get the rating back. Plus now I have to skip things and agonise over stuff I could trust myself on before

1 Like

I think @MargariteDVille makes a great point about both the math, and whether or not edits are now being counted. Hopefully we’ll get an answer, as before the challenge started, users were asking if edits would now count towards upgrades, but never seemed to get an answer, and now they have poorer ratings.

2 Likes

It would be really good to get an official explanation

4 Likes

How did I gain 7 upgrades from reviewing during the challenge with 750/1100 being edits?

Did you review a lot of UK stuff too? I did like 200 reviews that didn’t count during the challenge because they were from my country not the challenge

I did, I thought it was less than that but maybe the memory cheats.

1 Like

Than it would be nice to give a next line in our profiles total adjusted (or something like that), and calculate the rating with this.
But we don’t know if rating is caused by that and maybe we have to accept, that our “agreement rate” is something really unnecessary to calculate and/or be proud of.

1 Like

Yes it’s always been kind of silly.

Number reviewed - number unresolved = number edits + number disagreements + number rejected + number accepted + number duplicates

And we don’t have three of those numbers.

It’s a guideline way of tracking your own trends. But can’t really be used for anything else, imo.

3 Likes

When you put it like that…

LOL

Resurrecting this thread to share that mine also dropped from Great to Fair after the challenge. I’ve reviewed a small number each day in the aftermath of the challenge due to family obligations. Not sure where I’ve gone wrong now. I will say I did see a nomination I rejected as an adult-centric establishment (a gambling hall which doesn’t permit minors) got accepted and is on the map. I also marked a few locations as I don’t know in the past week due to being unable to confirm the location from lack of satellite, street view, and/or dense tree cover. I wasn’t paying close attention to my rating this past 10 days or so so I can’t pinpoint when exactly my rating dropped. But yeah, this seems odd to me too. I’m gonna take a break from reviewing after this evening and see what happens, see if it bounces back.

1 Like

Mine is still good, down from great during the challenge. I’ve not reviewed much the last few days but before that was doing a handful each day and my upgrade counter was increasing normally

It’s now mostly stopped. So many challenge reviews must still be unresolved…? Or i got disagreements from them?