Route markers

Why are these route markers get rejected? That are always on sidewalks?

Why you accepted route markers on land roads where you may drive 60km per hour whit no sidewalk, and no street lights? And this get rejected?

They renovated the sportcentrum drievliet and made 3 new colour routes.

Have you provided evidence that these are actual trails? These seem like mass produced stickers and are not named and offer no other information.

1 Like

These look temporary to me. Unless it is clear in the supplimentary information that they are permanent (link to an official source as an example that gives some credance to these), I would be hard pressed to vote favouribly for it.

1 Like

Are not all trails markers mass product?

One route go to sportlocation in oosterpark where the give practices outside
One route go to gorzen crossfit location
One route go to cityhall.

One route still need to be finish a soon as the appartment are finish building. In front of the sportcentrum there come new park where the will lead the route true it to the gorzen

The renovated the sportcentrum, and added new routes on recommendations from the community.

So yes its a permanent trail. And if you want i can add all markers from red and blue trail,
Green trail will be added when the Appartments are finish building whit new park
Waterbody playgrounds.

Then the will also add a infomap cardboard in the sportcentrum

One will lead to oosterpark where there is also give sport in nature one example is Informatief - Sportiefmetmark or a better example Oosterpark - UITagenda Ridderkerk and the other trail go to About — CrossFit Ridderkerk that in forest de gorze

And one trail leads to cityhall or koningsplein where all kind of things are organized.

https://ser-ridderkerk.nl/

We could not establish that these are part of a trail and that these markers are official in any capacity. As a friendly reminder, submitting self-made stickers as trail markers is considered abuse and may lead to sanctions.

3 Likes

There may be mass produced trail markers that exist that form part of an official trail that are named. Official Trail markers are usually named (not in all cases) and can be easily proven to be part of a trail. Whether all the trail markers on an approved route can or should be approved is something I can’t say for sure.

Still waiting on your awnser why you accept here a trail marker on a 60 road whit no safe sidewalk no street lights?

Its not selfmade its made by the sportcentrum drievliet, its a legit new route

A route people will explore walking, or use to walk to the other sportcentrum parts because its fast route to walk. And it was only possible because it just opend new since few months, and the owner and goverment and gym teacher love to help the community to play in safe locations.

It also depends on how much they wanna spend on it, and how long a trail is.

They are from basic just some paint plastic sticker wood metal, and then you have the plastic pole whit a sign. And the street tiles or plaquets

But i will nominated it in few months again when the last colour trail is added and the start point where you see all 3 trails ad the sportcentrum

Just need to wait till the finish building the place in front the sportcentrum

If you wait, three months and nominate them again, you’ll still face the same challenge. I’m not saying that this is the case, but it looks like someone just walked around town and stuck red sticker arrows on poles. You’ll need evidence that these are part of an official trail. It’s odd that the stickers don’t have any kind of name saying to where they point. It may be fine for the residents in the town, but imagine someone from out of town walking around seeing these red stickers with arrows. They would have no idea what they were for.
If there is a website that can demonstrate that these are part of a trail system and have been officially placed, that can help, But these will be difficult nominations to get through regardless.

What you have submitted in your original post are not trail markers but what appears to be directional stickers (possibly for a running track). I am at a loss as to how they qualify as Trail Markers. If I saw them for the first time and didn’t see this post, I would vote down these nominations, simply because they look temporary and don’t represent any trail markers.

Yes its better to wait till the finish all and also will do that.

Seems they all went in voting. But even this ones get rejected now.

While its a legit trail marker. Rondwandeling door het Oosterpark te Ridderkerk ca. 5 km – Natuurvereniging IJsselmonde there are many more trails here you can see all trails Rondwandelingen op IJsselmonde – Natuurvereniging IJsselmonde can also be that the picture is not good and need to be more close up or because its on google maps not viewable.

Its also one the oldest trail markers there are and 100% legit trail makers

Here ad entrance of the park in 2014 you see the same trail marker

Fietsroute 53

@NianticAaron can you look 1 more time ad routenetwerk ijsselmonde its a legit trail.

And when the colour routes are finish and more information is available i can try it again or?

Not related to the specific trail discussed in here, but relevant to the topic: if I were to find a trail with sticker-style markers that is official, includes a trail name, and that I can prove is official - with a very well known hiking organization to back this up, plus municipal government sponsorship, and several hiking websites/indexes that discuss the trail - could those be considered eligible?

Here they get accepted but this one not while its the same

If you are ad the sportcentrum and you wanna go to the sport location in the oosterpark (huge park) its perfect trail to follow to that location or you can follow a diffrent colour to sport area in the gorzen (huge forest whit a lot of public fitness equipment) and one to the centrum but that have multiple trails already

The material that a trail marker is in my view not relevant. It is about the function of the marker. So it is the trail that is important.
Show that and that the marker is linked to that trail and can therefore be an anchor it should be good.

I try not to refer to these as stickers as common usage of the word does not reflect the robustness of these flexible vinyl adhesive markers. :sunglasses:
These are designed to be permanent.

1 Like

Absolutely :grinning:

6 Likes

If my left toe was recognised as an official trail marker and could back it up… oh wait… scrap that idea… erm…

There are also adults here, that just trying to make there area neighboorhood city towns communities etc a better nicer and safer playable area for all niantic games.

Jokes are not really contributing to it.
What for one is funny can for other person be not funny.

Maybe idea to read this topic:

So you dont reject them all :sweat_smile: people can put a lot of effort in it specially the ones that are not reachable easy but takes a long hike

Hello.

I live in a Town where hiking is considered Part of the Tourism Business, so none of the Trailmarkers here have a Website I can Link to, just List of the Trails exists online, otherwise you have to buy a Map. Does that Mean i can not submit those without risking a ban?

What should I do?

Buy a Trailmap at out tourism Center and make a photograph of that Map as supporting info instead of a photo of the surroundings?

Because we have a really nice hiking Area where a small, free to enter, wildlife Park is in the Center. Thoise could be way better play Areas (in terms of Pokemon go: They have space for more Gyms) but for that, i’d need to mark the Trails with wayspots that lead through that Wildlife Park. There are 8 Trails in total in that Area, so i think it should considered a hiking hotspot even, but as said: Our Tourist businesses want to make money, so the Maps are sold on paper and not available online (as they’re regional trails, not long-ranging trails spanning multiple regions an cities)

So what’s Niantic advise on this?